If you cannot find anyone locally to audition the speakers, i would highly recommend you use the 30d trial option. I first tested out the M22s this way. People balk at the 'wasted' money you would pay for return shipping if you didn't like the speakers, but its really not that dramatic. Since the M22s were a small speaker, the cost of sending them back to Axiom was MORE than reasonable ($25 cdn which included $500 insurance, regular ground shipping).

I figured by selecting one of their highly touted bookshelf models, i could at least get an idea of the sonic character of an Axiom speaker to see if i liked their sound. I certainly enjoyed the M22s but was looking for a larger sound so i went with the M60s instead.
Upon discovering that i had two buzzing drivers in my new M60s, Axiom extended my trial period starting from the day i received new drivers so i could have a full 30 days with properly functioning speakers for evaluation. In total, my audition time came out to nearly 50 days. During that audition there was even enough time to lend them to a fellow enthusiast at work who also wanted to hear the latest Axiom offering.
It really is worth the small cost of return shipping (if you so decide to return them!)

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."