I have NEVO on my PDA and use it occasionally, but I don't think it's a substitute for my MX700. It would be nice if it was; between my living room HT, my reception room setup, my editing/duplication equipment in my office and various TVs throughout the house, it would be damn convenient to have the PDA that's often in my breast pocket to serve as a remote everywhere I go as well.

Maybe because all the rooms I would use it in are relatively small, but I haven't really had problems with "range". It's not a "blaster" either, though... you definitely have to point it right at the equipment.

My biggest concern with it is that there are just pages and pages of commands for simple devices, and some of the most common uses are NOT on the "first page". There are TVs I have programmed in that require me to go to page three to change volume... just stupid! Just the other day, after reading somewhere in these threads that someone purchased an additional little cheap universal remote to use on "their" side of the bed, I thought I should program my PDA with the Panny TV/VCR combo we have in the bedroom. I found the model and thought it would be great. It reminded me of how it misses the most basic stuff... There was no volume control ( I checked and checked because I couldn't believe it!!) and the power on/off was on page three of three (all the VCRs transport controls were on page 1 and menu items were on page 2). Who would ever lay this out and not think that power should be on the first page of the device??

Now, in all fairness, my PDA is about a year old; maybe I'm running an earlier version of the software and they've worked a lot of this stuff out... I dunno.

Like I said, it's a shame. There's too many menu pages for everything to ever make me want to use it as THE universal remote in my system, but if they would just improve the basic ergonomics, it's a promising technology. With my version, it's just not there yet.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::