I am in the market for some good speakers. I used to have a lower end Bose (please don't throw rocks, they were handed down to me) and I am looking for some real speakers. I have listened to B&W, Energy, Paradigm, Polk, Infinty, and Klipsch. I stumbled onto Axiom and have read nothing but rave reviews about Axiom. Would you say Axiom is comparable to the brands listed because I have not had the chance to hear Axiom yet. My budget was $2000-ish and i have a 18x10 room which is open to the kitchen. I was debating between Epic50-350 vs. GrandMaster -350 but leaning towards Epic50-350 with the M50ti, QS4, VP100, and EP350. I listen to 65% movies and 35% satelite radio/CD.

I am having a hard time deciding on a reciever to power my madness. Cheaper is better but it looks like all the local stores have "good" receivers pricing around $600. I really only have looked at the Marantz SR5500. I think i will be adding two ceiling speakers in the middle-side of the room for 7.1 down the road. Do you guys have any recommendation for quality and valuepriced receivers?

I hope i hear good things because the only thing holding me back from buying Axiom is not hearing it first.