>>how do you find your SVS PB10-ISD subwoofer?<<

I wasn't asked, but since I have one myself I'll chime in. As I explained in my first thread the other day, I'm a newbie in the HT game so I can't explain things too well nor do I have a lot of experience to reference so please bear with me.

I recived my PB10 last Tuesday 3/22/05 and had a few hiccups in getting it set up, but kept at it for a few days & now believe I have it right. I don't own a SPL meter or calibration disk so I just used MCACC to do the calibrating. I found that it (MCACC)works as good as advertised, at least to my ears. Now, as to what you want to knwo about, the PB10, let me just say WOW!!! I spen't a good bit of time researching various subs and listening to what I could in various B&M stores, both boutique & big box, and I can say without reservation that this thing can hold it's own with Paradigms and Velodynes costing many times more. Again, I can't give you any numbers, only subjective impressions, but it is a truly brilliant product and I can't imagine anything at it's price point beating it, but to be fair, I haven't heard any Hsu subs (and almost bought one). If you get one, be prepared for how big the damn things is. Even though I read the dimensions on the website I still couldn't believe it when I saw it. The UPS man actually called me at work to ask if I was home and what to with it since I wasn't there to sign for it. He asked me if it was a TV and when I told him what it was all he said was "DAYUM!!!!", which is what I say every time I crank it up.

From what I've read on various forums, you can't go wrong with the PB10 or any comparable Hsu (or the Outlaw for that matter), but the conventional wisdom is that the Hsu is "more musical" while the PB10 is better with video LFE (more extension). That's not to say that the PB10 doesn't sound great on music, or that the Hsu is bad with video, but each has it's own characteristics, and these seem to be what most hold true.

FWIW I hope this helps some little bit and I am more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the sub as best I can.

Ron

Pioneer VSX1014-TX HK DVD31 M22ti mains VP100 center M2i surrounds SVS PB10-ISD