re: bridgman's comment on M50s.
Well if price and sound quality were all that mattered I wouldn't have M3Tis stuck in the top corners of the room now would I?
The M50 is a good 22" taller than the M3Ti, and I think that WAF goes as the inverse square of the size of the speaker, which means that unless M50s come in the finish called "invisible" it ain't gonna happen.

You're right about the VP100 behind the edge. It was way, way harsher sound when I first plugged in the VP100 and put it carelessly, right side up, on an end table. It was maybe 10" from the edge and pointing into the table, and I ignorantly thought the speakers were at fault. When I realized the grilles could be flipped upside down and so could the speaker, I put some thought into it and put the VP100 to the front edge of the end table and the sound improved noticeably, and that's the state of things as of my review.

I have to say I like the mains placed high, so I can believe that surrounds sound better high as well. The various advisors say speakers should be at listening height but I wonder about that.

Thanks! --Martin