In reply to:

i saw a deal on the weather channel saying that they got another 2-3 inches of snow this past weekend, bringing their seson total to over 105 inches.. thats supposed to be a new record.

Yup. Broke the old record of 103+ inches. Last year came in at #5 all time, and two years ago came in at #4. Need I say that the last 3 winters have been real stinkers? Of course, our Canadian friends are just laughing at that meager total.

Here's the ironic thing. The land on the West side of Cleveland (where I live) is relatively flat, and is, in fact, the beginning of the great plains that stretch all the way to the rockies. The land on the East side is higher and hillier being actually where the foothills of the Appalachians begin (or end depending which way your heading), and thus gets measurably greater amounts of snow than the West side.

The airport, where the official snow measurements are taken, is on the West side. So the folks on the East side of town just shake their heads over the official totals. I think, one East side town reported 175 inches this year.

Mark, all it takes to have beer worthy stories is a few beers, and a lot of years. Neither is a particularly noteworthy accomplishment. But, that doesn't mean the stories can't be fun to tell, and to hear.

P.S. Right now it's sunny and 74 degrees, and there's nary a flake on the ground anywhere.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton