Thanks for the replies...and I have pretty good hearing so no visit to the doc for me....yet.

Like I said earlier the mains are being fed via a pro amp from the hk. The db is set at 0 from the hk to the pro amp and the pro amp is cranked wide open. The center is set at +5 db on the hk and is, currently, located towards the rear of a salamander twin thirty (not located at the very front of the stand). All have been spl'ed at 80 db. (hence the +5 on the center as the pro amp pumps out 220 WPC). I wouldn't think that ~10 inches of shelf space would impede the sound waves (reflections) that much? Also FWIW, by placing the CC on the salamander places the speaker right at ear level...or at least close enough to say "ear level".

RE: DVD's I do notice that it is with some more so than with others...but I still have to adjust the volume for all. :confused:

On HD via OTA it isn't like this...other than the loudness via all...and the dialoge is very intelligible.

I guess I'll try and move the CC more toward the front of the cabinet, although not sure about the WAF as that will allow anyone to see the speaker wire.

I thought I shouldn't have to do this as these speakers replaced some JBL studios that were getting on in the years. So I replaced them with these.

Just not sure I made the right decision and I guess that's what I get for not listening to them to begin with prior to buying.

Any other ideas and is anyone looking for slightly used but never abused M60's and a VP-150?

Rich You don't know until you try.