In reply to:

anyone remember their first CD purchased

YUP.. i remember the first cd and record. this is with my OWN money of course.

the first record i bought was 'KISS ALIVE'. it was in the late 70's, when the whole Kiss Army craze was the big thing. i remember on the cover, ace frehley doing the back-bend, and raising that gibson toward the sky.. i thought that was just the coolest thing EVER.

and my first cd was megadeath's 'Peace Sells, But Who's Buying'. i think it was like 86 or 87. i swear, i think i played that thing soooo much, the laser burned off the 1's and 0's. i ended up trading it to a buddy of mine for his copy of motley crue's 'Theater of Pain'.. i think he got the better end of the deal...?

In reply to:

Dead Milkmen - Bucky Fellini

i had 'Big Lizard in My Backyard' on tape. it was actually given to me by these two guys, that i think were gay, that i met on a bus ride from abilene, tx to memphis, tn. my parents were sending me to stay with my grandparents for the summer, and i was 'old' enough to travel alone(i think i was 14 or 15). anyway, they put me on a bus in abilene, and it was one of the cheap greyhound routes that stopped in EVERY little po-dunk stop along the way. i went to the back of the bus, and met these two guys that got on the bus in california, and had been on it for 3 days. i started talking with them, and quickly realized something was 'different' about them, but at the time, i had no idea what it was. as an adult, i later realized they were gay.. but, anyway, they were pretty cool guys, and let me borrow 'big lizard; to listen to on my walkman, and when we got to memphis, they told me to keep it. they said it was something to remember them by. weird story.. but it worked, cause i have always remembered their names, gene and casper..

bigjohn

Last edited by bigjohn; 04/12/05 06:28 PM.

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??