The general opinion of "Revenge of the Sith" seems to be that it marks a distinct improvement on the last two episodes, "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones." True, but only in the same way that dying from natural causes is preferable to crucifixion.

Why is it I immediately feel this way about every blockbuster piece of CG wank that a washed up megalomaniac director squeezes out (I'm looking in your directions, George Lucas, James Cameron, the Wachowski Brothers and to a lesser extent Tim Burton) and leaves floating around, corn and all, on the lips and in the minds of the movie watching public?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the last human alive that isn't awe-struck by readily apparent, masturbatory CG that does nothing to enhance a storyline. Am I the only one on the planet's face that would prefer to have to think about what I'm watching rather than have each plot twist not even telegraphed... but faxed in in triplicate, annotated and with an accompanying set of flash cards?

I like to be disturbed, I don't need a happy ending - I want the ending that fits the story, and I like my physics to be at least partially grounded on this planet.

All this Lucas talk... finally overflowed my "turn the other cheek" mug.

Bren R.