Well, with due fear of overdoing it, I could not resist citing another example here. I hope Axiom won't get sued... LOL

The wire in every [Acoustic Zen] cable is made with the Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) process, which drastically reduces the number of crystal boundaries in a given length of wire. According to Lee, the thousands of boundaries between the metal crystals in a typical cable result in a lengthy break-in period—the signal must burn in the path of least resistance through the cable. (Lee seems to be correct about this. I have had lengthy, tedious experience with high-performance cables that have taken up to 500 hours to finish breaking in; listening through all those hours is not an enjoyable process. The AZ cables gave about 90% of their ultimate performance fresh out of the box, and stabilized completely within 40 hours. That alone makes them something of a marvel.) ...

As a scientist, I have to say that this type of rhetorical style irritates me the most. Certain terms and styles often found in the scientific literature are used in these descriptions within an utterly unscientific context.

This same kind of rhetoric is ubiquitous in, for example, the marketing literature of the nutritional supplement / herbal medicine industry. I am afraid that less-informed people may be readily swayed by the pseudoscientific dress of these marketing lingoes. These are, in every way, as malicious as those nice "poetic" description of sound quality differences that do not exist.

Cheers!