I agree 100% Bob.

My previous tests of the quoted 104dB were sustained levels (an avg) at about 8-10 feet (i can't quite recall off the top of my head but it is in the Slew of 7 speakers thread).
My big Tannoys were rated with a max SPL at 114dB although the brochure never mentioned at what distance. I'm assuming it might be at the std for measure which is 1m. The loudest they ever recorded was 107dB at 12 feet driven by a 200w Coda amp, Class A into the first 20w. I would be shocked if the Axioms could get beyond the output of those cabinets (90lbs a piece and 10 inch drivers).

On any given night, our M60s will play at 85-97dB (10 foot distance) for movies with only the Onkyo driving them. I can get clean output somewhere slightly beyond 104 sustained when i use my Anthem amp instead of the receiver but the numbers allude me at the present.
I have never intentionally tried to drive any of my speakers to their physical limits but we did manage this accidentally with a friend's set of Tannoy Saturn S6s and the Anthem amp.

In any event, they are all very VERY loud for a typical listening distance b/w 8-15 feet.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."