We need a couple of our "Tube" experts to chime in here-or, rather, I'd like a couple of our tube experts opinions about something I remember from the 60s(and undoubtedly earlier)It probably dosen't mean anything today, at least not in the context of the main thrust of this thread, but maybe in a historical context to help explain how myths get perpetuated even when they may no longer apply. Now, if memory serves...

(insert hearty laughter...Here!...)

...didn't we have to "Match" speakers and output stages of amps back in the "Golden days"(ok, that's over the top)OK, maybe even "Matching" is too strong a word, but it seemed that the phrase was bandied about quite a bit by the "Real" audiophiles of the day.

I seem to even remember that there was a list of parameters published for speakers and amps to meet before they would be a good match for each other. (In Hi-Fi Stereo Review if I recall correctly) I read it while I was in the Navy on an Aircraft Carrier-or was it a Battleship, no; no, it was an Aircraft Carrier, that's right, more than one plane aboard.