hi everyone,

i bought this universal player last week and i use it with an Axiom HT and a Hitachi 46 inch 46f510 rp hdtv.

i have to admit, when i first bought it, it was a bit off. but then i upgraded the firmware that i got from the samsung website and since then it has been great. no glitches and it plays everything i have thrown at it. i even had it on for about 9 hours straight once and not one problem, not even with heat (some people say it overheats).

i figure i wont buy fancy players as they change every few years since new formats are always coming out. in 2 years there will be players with blue ray and hd dvd and whatnot, so i'd rather spend $180 then $1000 and always be able to buy a player with the latest formats.

i thought of the pioneer 578a but it plays VERY loudly and doesn't have DVI. this samsung gives me DVI, bass management, SACD, DVD-A and other formats as well. Overall it's a good player, for the price, with the firmware update. it corrects DTS audio drop outs, black crush, the DVI connection is automatically on, and it no longer looses its settings.