Hello good people whom are more knowledgable about HT than I (that means everyone online! heh!)
I have a budget of about $2000.00 Canadian and am considering buying my system in stages. I'm thinking of getting 2 Epic 50s for fronts and 2 QS4s for surrounds now and pairing it with a Denon AVR1505 receiver, or Yamaha HTR5740 receiver. I'd have about $1600 for spearkers after buying the receiver.
Being smart enough to know that no question is a stupid question, is this going to give me great sound for music, and basic sound for home theater? Or do I absolutely have to have a center channel and sub to get decent sound. I'm not talking wicked bass, but I'm wondering if my suggested system will work at all. If it will work, I could get the sub and center later when the bucks become available. I really do not want to be frustrated with a HTIB sound that I may regret in a year or so. Confused? Yes,I am. Advice please.
Maybe someone has been in a bind like me and has a good solution for the $2000.00 Canadian budget.
Oh Yeah, my room is 14x22x7.5 connected to another 10x15x11 room. I'll be sitting about 10 ft from fronts on the long wall.