I haven’t heard the 60’s, so I don’t know for certain if they sound like the 80’s or not. But from what Axiom told me when I was looking to buy, they sound the same, but the 80’s will play louder. They may reach down a little further, but who cares? You have a sub for that.

I’m a single guy with a big house. I throw lots of parties, raise hell, piss off the neighbors that don’t join the festivities, jump snowmachines and dirt bikes in the back yard, have football games in the street, and all this is done with music playing. I have not ever, not once cranked these suckers up to maximum volume. Not even when all the doors and windows are open and we’re outside acting like juvenile delinquents. I don’t know how loud they’ll play…..There’s no way in hell that you or any other sane person could play the 80’s in a home environment at their full capacity. So that being said, I wouldn’t waste your money. Take that extra cash and buy your honey something nice and unexpected. Hell, buy her a day of pampering at a day spa. You’ll get much more enjoyment out of that gift than upgrading your speakers. Guaranteed…….