Hmm, I haven't heard any of those subs. Closest thing I've had is a Klipsch ksw12. I've heard some good things about the Velodyne CHT. Last week, however, I went to a store where they had a Velodyne SPL 1000 II playing and I didn't like it at all. Sounded sloppy and loose. I didn't spend much time in the room and didn't look to see how it was set up. Maybe the sales guy didn't know what he was doing.

From what I've read, sealed subs are supposed to perform better for music. It's purely subjective, but I'm sure there are differences in sound between ported and sealed subs. The Velodyne I heard was sealed, but sounded nasty. May not be the subs fault but the sales guy.

Wharfedales seem to be gaining momentum in the bang for your buck products. Looks good for the price, but again, I haven't heard one.

The majority of music doesn't go below 34Hz (this directly from Hsu), unless you are a pipe organ fan. So all these subs look like they can suit your purpose. I'm sorry I can't be much more help. Hopefully someone else has some direct experience.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose