Well, that is something that I already tried, and I consider a good questions to get the picture of the issue. BTW I am getting the upgrade somewhere in the next 2-3 weeks.

All the settings I mentioned in my answers were calibrated with the EP350. With the EP500 I already tried setting the M80s in SMALL and change the x-over over and over... I spent close to 3 hrs yesterday with this setting and I moved the sub (again!!) around the room and even changed the sofa position...

What I notice with the speakers set at SMALL and in STEREO mode (I always test first in Stereo, and then go for the surrounds) what I get from the sub, is still having the "volume steps" I mentioned in the first post. With the x-over at 100Hz and a frequency sweep from 100Hz to 20Hz (AVIA home theater setup DVD) lets say with the knob at 9 o'clock the sub plays the sweep at certain volume but if I either move the volume knob a little bit higher or the gain at the preamp or the volume at the preamp, then the sub does not respond until I cross a certain threshold, and then it increases the volume not evenly.

Also after finding the sweet spot in the listening position, and listening to the sub closely, the sound its not that clear, tight and nice at it should be expected.

I think that using the High Level Inputs (the same that feed the M80s) I should not see the LFE effect that you mention in the reply, but I can still reproduce all the issues I mentioned above. That is determinative.

As I am writing this post, I just received an email from Axiom saying that a new sub its on the way. I will ask them to feedback whats the final word on the sub, and what did they found on it.

I appreciate your feedback a lot, it has been very nice to be part of the board. I will try to be more active on it.

Regards