I am screwed. Yesterday I hooked up my QS-8 surround speaker. I had had them run speaker cables in-wall, and then along the floorboards, covered with floor mouldings and then painted over.

The left surround is fine. The right surround shorts the system and turns off the receiver whenever their is heavy right-surround info.

I KNOW it's the cable because I hooked the speaker up directly and it works fine. (with the patch cable so I know that's fine too).

I am screwed I think...my walls are conctrete and the onlyw ay they did this was by burrowing some place for the wire and plastering over it.

My only solutions:

1. Tear the wall open, re-run the wire, re-plaster, re-paint, and re-mould. VERY expensive.

2. Run a new wire to the floor, and then a visible wire will run along the floorboards.

3. Scrap the whole in-wall idea and get stands.

Damnit. I didn't test the wiring because my audio equipment wasn't there at the time they did this.

FYI the surround cas survive a "test" of the speakers via my Harman Kardon's test button but it sounds MUCH lower than the left surround.

------- Saint Harman Kardon AVR-120,Axiom VP100,Axiom M22Ti, Axiom QS8, Axiom EP-175