I had to wait till I found my password because I've been dying to reply to this.

I listened to M60, Studio 40 and Monitor 7s. I ended up buying the monitor 7s.

Now before I go into the sound of these let me say a couple things. All prices are in CAN $ because I live in Canada.
M60s retail was $1100 "best deal" was $990.
Studio 40s were $1100 I did not ask for price but less than $1000 (maybe 900-950) would have been no problesm.
Monitor 7s $899 list and I paid around $750 (hard to say because of package price and trade in.

As you can see Studio 60s are even more expensive than 40s comparing Studio 60s. M60 and Monitor 7s is probaly a $500 spread.

Best sound of the 3 was Studio 40s by far. Yes they lack some bass extension BUT crossed over at 80HZ for home theatre and or with a sub you will never know. Studios are more refined than either the Axiom or Monitors (to me). Whay didn't I buy them? They are not efficient and I don't have the power right now to drive them and they are not floor stannders so with stands they would have been over $1000 out of my budget.
M60s had the best bass extension of the 3. I have to admit that my listening tesy of these was not the best as the dealer is an idiot and doesn't have a proper set up. I think they would be great HT speakers but I found them a little forward and I did not like the matching center speaker at all.
The Monitor 7s were kind of in between the 2. better bass than the 40s but not as refined. I probably like the sound very very slightly more than the M60s but it was a tossup. Enough of a tossup that I did not think $250 more made the M60s worth it to me.

I would be remiss if I didn't also mention Energy C5s (or C7 c9 for that matter). I thought they were every bit as good as the Monitors. they had a better sound stage and a more open airy presentaion that I think would be nice for music listening, Did not like them quite as much for HT but would chose them sound/price over the M60.

The Studio 60s are going to need some serious power to sound right so take a good look at your amps before deciding on them.

I did listen briefly to the Monitor 11s and for home theatre they have some serious impact. They are BIG have tons of bass. They would be way too much speaker for my room. I'd rather have 40s Studio center and money for a better amp but that is just me.