Hi Scott - Thank you very much for your review of the Rocket Outdoor speakers. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get ANY help

I have a (considerably) lower model Denon than you (the 1804), but I think our problems are similar. I think you could run the outdoor speakers from the powered Speaker B terminals of your Denon pretty easily. The downside would be that the volume would be tied to the same volume level you have the Speaker A set (main front L/R). I think you could "disable" Speaker A, but I don't think you can set the volumes for Speaker A and Speaker B independently. If you can live with that scenario, you've got a "free" solution.

If not, you could hook up just about any amplifier to the Zone 2 pre-outs and control the Zone 2 volume (and content) independent of whatever is going on in Zone 1.

My 1804 does not have the second set of amplified main terminals (Speaker B). While it does have the option of using the surround rear amp channel as Zone 2, the result is Mono, not Stereo.

Thanks again for your positive comments on the outdoor speakers. We'll be wanting pictures, you know

bibere usque ad hilaritatem