Good news. The replacement M3 showed up today (Monday was a holiday up here) so problem solved. We tracked the noise down to the woofer but Axiom sent me a new M3 anyways (thanks !!).

I originally set the speakers up about a foot from the back wall but there was too much bass. They are now almost two feet from the wall and sounding great.

Review note -- a pair of M3s sounds much richer than a single M3 -- more so than I expected. The M3s really are nice speakers. Room size is roughly 13x18 and they play as loudly as I would want. The M3s are in a bedroom but the system is basically to provide music for the second floor of the house since the main system is two floors down in the basement.

M60s are downstairs, replacing the M2s in the main system. It's real nice to be able to listen to music without a sub downstairs (the M2s needed a sub). Even with the HK 630 handling crossover duties there seems to be a difference in the imaging when running the M60s in Small. I could run them in Large and slot the sub in where the M60s roll off but for music the M60s have all the bass depth and volume I want without assistance.

Last edited by bridgman; 05/25/05 01:46 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8