Ok, so now I am confused, maybe. The manual for my NAD C270 amplifier indicates that it has two sets of speaker outputs "to facilitate connection of multiple pairs of speakers" and states "use the Speaker B connectors for a second pair, for example, extension speakers located in another room." The amp does not have a speaker A/B switch, so I am assuming that this means that you could power both sets of speakers simultaneously.

However, the manual also states "Make sure the speaker impedance is 4 ohms or more when connecting only one pair of speakers; make sure the speaker impedance for all speakers is over 8 ohms when connecting two sets of speakers."

Isnt the impedance issue why I can not simply run a second set of speakers directly from my NAD amp to the outdoor set, and then simply use the outdoor volume control you guys are mentioning here? That would work great for me if I can do it, but I thought from reading other posts, which I can no longer find, that simultaneously running two sets of speakers off one amp, without a second amp for the second pair, would overheat or otherwise harm the single amp.

I don't understand ohms at all. My main speakers are M60's, so what kind of outdoor speakers could I use to satsfy the 8 ohms requirement for two pairs of speakers?

M60's Rotel Nad Music Hall MMF-5
M80's VP150 QS8's Sherwood Newcastle Panasonic Plasma
Algonquins