I haven't heard many of the other non-Axiom products under consideration. but I would get a Polk Audio CSi5. It is exactly 24" wide and is a horse of a center channel (weighs 9 pounds more than a VP150) that will come in handy in a big room. I have M22s in another room. They sound very similar only the CSi5 seems to push more air. I seem to be the only Polk fan around here, but I generally find the 2 companies and their products similar. I just think that Axiom - in general - gives you a little more for your money because they sell direct. With that being said, my best guess is that the CSi5 at a list price of $480 (but now available for $399) is similar to the VP150 listed at $385. But I wouldn't trade my CSi5 for a VP150 (and I'm sure nobody here that owns a VP150 would want be on the other end of that trade, either).

So, bottom line - you probably wouldn't regret getting a VP100 (or any of the other excellent choices that have been mentioned), but if you are really in a big room and a CSi5 will fit your shelf space that's what I would get.