I haven’t looked that closely at the Denons. I personally think they are overpriced for what you get. Their DVD players however, seem to be leading the charge on technology and consistently score better than the rest of the pack. I can not give you any more feedback than that on their receivers.

As far as the 7300 goes, It was not out when I bought the 7200, so I don’t really know what it has that the 7200 doesn’t. I’m afraid to look because I may feel the “need” to upgrade. But I do like my 7200 though. The bass management functions in particular. And it has more than enough power to drive the M80’s, all day long, at any volume level. I had no burning desire to swap it out for the Rotels, but simply needed to set up a separate stereo system with the M80s, plus a future HT system. The 7200 will be the receiver for the HT - eventually.

If money is an issue, then you would be doing yourself a favor by looking at the HK 635. There are several folks here who have it and praise it. It’s probably less than the 3805 too. You can buy HK on line from several places and still get the full manufactures warrantee. With Denon, your purchasing options are limited.

If money isn’t that big an issue, you might want to look into NAD and Rotel. They are both about in line with the 7300, and comparatively priced (if you don’t go with separates anyway). HK, NAD and Rotel have very conservative power ratings. They don’t play any of the numbers games to increase sales. Their amps put out tremendous amounts of current. When looking around, just take a peak at the weights, and you will see for yourself.

Regards……….mike