Hello Dude

I had a pair of Infinity Composition Overture 3s up front, an Infinity CC3 center and a pair of Infinity RS3s in the side surround positions. My first experience with Axiom was with an Axiom made Merak MC6H center channel speaker which I grabbed from uBid for a song and intended to give away as a present. On a whim, I swapped it out for the expensive CC3 and was stunned. The Merak was much better.

I then bought a pair of M3Tis, and in my opinion, there was no comparison between the M3Tis and the Infinity Composition Overture 3s, the Axioms sounded much better, more accurate, more revealing, more pleasant than the very expensive Overtures. I sold the Infinities.

I picked up a pair of M22Tis and was frankly disappointed. I don't know if I was unlucky and got an off pair, but to me they sounded flat and a bit lifeless in comparison to the M3Tis. I then tried a pair of M50Tis which are a very nice speaker.

I think the ideal speaker to swap the Infinities for is the M60 or M80s. I'm currently running a pair of M60-like Michaura M665s up front, M50 like M66s in the side positions and finally replaced the Merak with a great big honking Klipsch KLF C7 (2 x 8" drivers and an enormous horn tweeter, the Merak had 2 x 6.5" drivers and a 7"x3" horn tweeter).

There's simply no comparison between this Axiom-like system and the Infinities. The only category in which the Infinities surpass the Axioms is price, the Infinities had an MSRP of about $3000.

Here's a picture:
http://img.audioasylum.com/cgi/i.pl?u=users/11308&f=P3180021.jpg

Sell the Infinities, and don't look back. If you get a bunch of M3Tis or M60s or M80s I feel certain that you will be astonished at how much better and more pleasant the Axioms are.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.