I put out a post before stating that the M60s were not made for small rooms. I stick to that statement but with reservations.
My room is not very wide and i was limited in the distance of separation between my m60s (about 5 to 6 feet).
When i had the opportunity (albeit awkward) to move the speakers 10 feet apart, i was very pleased at how much wider the soundstage had become and how much more the sound filled the room.
However, this configuration would not work because of a lopsided sound effect based on my off-centred RPTV.
All that aside, i've also found the distance from the listening position to the speakers rather critical. Once again my setup would only allow for an 8 foot distance b/w my position and the speakers. I've gone around the room and tested out various listening distances and i feel that my couch would be more ideally placed at about the 10 to 14 foot distance from the M60s.
My speakers, much like one of yours, are also tucked into a corner with about a foot of space on either side. There certainly is an enhancement of bass and some echo off the walls but there isn't much i can do with it until i move to a new house.

Given your situation, i think either speaker will work, however you may have an easier time setting up the M22 speakers to better accomodate your smalliish room. If you go with the M60s, you may want to expect a less than optimal setup although you will certainly get a larger volume sound than the M22s.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."