I respectively disagree with Alan on disabling the Auto Setup, however, I do turn OFF the room EQ option. I have found the Auto Setup to be very accurate, and I've tried it on various occasions after changing speaker locations or adjusting my room furniture. I would not call it crude, by any stretch of the imagination. The Auto Setup part, only sets your delay (distance) for each speaker, checks for any polarity/hook up issues, and sets the dB level for each speaker in accordance to the primary listening position. When you use an SPL meter you do the same thing when adjusting the levels. I have found my Denon 2805 to be dead nuts accurate for the AutoSetup portion.

Now the Room EQ is another issue. I have decided not to use this feature. Basically it adjusts the sound of each speakers frequency by using the internal 8 band Parametric EQ. I found it to make my speakers sound to strong in the midrange frequencies, so I don't use that anymore.

Daj, when you say you have turned up the treble, are you talking the Tone adjustment, or the actual dB level for that speaker? When listening to music try pushing the Round "CH Select Enter" button near the bottom of your remote. This will cycle through each speaker and tell you what the Auto Setup set for each speaker. You can also check this for Surround modes, and the other DSP modes of your Denon, as it will be different. For example, when I watch Dolby Digital movies, my VP150 is at +5dB's.

Also, have you tried pushing the Test Tone button to cycle pink noise through the speakers, or when you ran the Auto Setup, did you hear pink noise coming from the Center?

My VP150 is very noticable for movies, 6.1 music, or even if I use the 5 or 7 channel Stereo Mode.

Good Luck

Randy

60's 150 350 4-Qs8's
denon 2805
sanyo z2 WXGA proj.
toshiba dvd
samsung HD Tuner

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85