Thanks for the input. Actually, I should have mentioned that I have been using an M22 for my center channel speaker and I already own a wonderful Hsu Research VTF3.

When I first tried out the M60s, I was a bit overwhelmed and almost wanted to put my M22s back. I loved the fullness and clarity of the M60s but I wasn't used to the ease with which the M60s handle higher volumes - it's got such a relaxed nature. I also lost, (as Alan had indicated would happen in a listening distance under 15' - mine is at about 13'), some of the wonderful sense of 3D imaging that I had been getting from the M22s. So in a semi-confused state of mind, I turned everything off, went to bed and tried it all again the next day. This time I loved the M60s. I pushed back my couch another foot which seemed to make a little difference. I was astounded by the timbre of the instruments and vocals and the envelopment in sound that I feel, especially with surround music, but with a well produced stereo CD as well. I've decided that I may lose a little in the 3D imaging, but I gain so much more in every other aspect. Then my wife listened to them and a big smile crossed her face. I rarely get feedback from her about this stuff, but she emphatically said that she loves the warmer sound of the M60s and she also loves the way they look. So this is cool, the M22s go upstairs, and the M60s stay downstairs. I get the best of both worlds. Now I just have to determine if the M22 remains my center channel downstairs or if I spring for a VP150. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Phil