Hi Oz. I'm a little confused (it's not your fault, confusion is my normal state ). You are looking for a pair of Axioms for stereo listening in the larger room (20x13)? Or, will your stereo listening be in the smaller room (10x13x9)? Will you be using a subwoofer for your stereo listening?

In your first post you said "I have been thinking if I go multi channel I would probably go with the M80ti and the M22ti..." Could you expand a little on this? Would this multi channel system be for music only (CDs/SACDs/DVD-As) or would you be using the same system for movies/TV as well?

You also said you'd be using "a vintage HK high current unit" to drive the stereo system. I'm assuming this is a stereo unit. What receiver preamp/amp would you be using to drive the system if you do go multi channel?

The answers to these questions will help us steer you toward the speakers that will do the job for you.

In reply to:

This seems like a great group of people here.

Thanks for the compliment, but we can be just as obnoxious as any other group of forum members. Hang around long enough and you'll see.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton