Yes foof, that is exactly what is meant by a quasi or tapered crossover. I know several brands use this type of a crossover for multiple driver speakers while other high quality brands remain with the 2-way setup. I am really hoping someone from Axiom will respond with their opinion
and some helpful facts.
As far as not auditioning the speakers, I already know I like a titanium tweeter as my old Paradigm Monitor 9's had a similar tweeter. I too may take the leap of faith based on all the super reviews and comments on boards like this one. After all if I'm still not impressed Axiom will let me return the speakers. Regardless of what impression some may have gotten I'm not knocking Axiom at all everything I've read and heard has been very positive. The price between Axiom and the Energy's I'm considering is quite notable. I can have the Axiom M-50 tower for basically the price of a bookshelf Energy C-3. I've noticed recently that all the canadian speakers are really hard to beat in value and I'm sure I couldn't go wrong with any of a number of quality brands. Ok way too wordy now, I'd like to thank everyone who has showed an interest in this topic.