Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My EP175 does not wake up, HELP PLEASE!
#10637 05/08/03 03:51 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Mine is unsually in slumber only until the lower frequencies are sent to the sub. When I listen to music in lower levels I do not even see the sub light go from amber to green. But the moment I crank up the volume the sub light changes from amber to green. I have my crossover frequency set low to like 60 or even sometimes at 40 for music listening. There are times when I shut off the sub crossover when stereo music listening and the light stays amber all the time. I know this might be a stupid question but is your receiver setting for your sub set to on? Even when amber if you reconnect you wire the sub would change from amber to green when you plug in your sub cable because a signal is detected by the subs amp. You can also bring up your crossover on your sub to like 80Hz or 100Hz. I am not sure the type of music to listen to but most should actuate the sub. Try some church pipe organ music. That definitely goes down to the reaches of 20 something hz. at times.

Saturn

#10638 05/09/03 04:31 PM
regular
OP Offline
regular
Axiom friends,

I spoke to Joe Vasallo yesterday and, to my surprise, the sub amplifier he sent me is brand new, I thought it was mine repaired. This is very bad news because I am experiencing the same problem as before. What are the odds of this happening?

Joe was very helpful and interested in my problem, so I just sent him back the new amplifier and he will thoroughly test it in his lab.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and hints.

Regards,
Guillermo

#10639 05/10/03 06:17 PM
buff
buff
Dumb question but did you try another cable just in case it's a small break in the solder?

#10640 05/10/03 08:26 PM
shareholder in the making
Guillermo, Marc's question, on the contrary, is quite perceptive and crossed my mind when I read that Joe had actually sent you a second new amp. The odds of both having the same defect would appear to be extremely low. It's possible that the "knocking" cure was actually vibrating the connector slightly and reconnecting a break, rather than acting on the sub amp itself. When the amp returns, if the problem persists and you have or can borrow any sort of cable with the RCA plugs, give it a try. You could even temporarily use speaker wire to the high level inputs on the sub as a test.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#10641 06/03/03 04:25 AM
Guillermo,

Just checking to see if you found a solution to your problem. I am a new Axiom owner and love the speakers, however I'm experiencing the exact same problems now that you describe with the EP175. I have to turn the volume up high in order for the sub to wake up. Just curious what receiver you are using? I'm using the Pioneer 912, in case it might be the cause of the problem.
I've checked everything mentioned in this thread if anyone else has an idea let me know.

P.S. Thanks for the great service Marc.

Jason

#10642 06/04/03 05:26 AM
Jason, Guillermo may be busy trying to wake up his sub. You say that you've checked everything; besides increasing the sub output level on the 912(good receiver)have you tried using speaker wire to the sub's speaker level inputs instead of coax from the sub out to the line in. Not that this is the best way to connect, but just to bypass the sub output on the 912 to see if somehow it isn't delivering enough voltage(unlikely). Disconnect at the mains and connect them to the sub(of course, set the 912 for no sub so that the bass comes out from the terminals to the mains)with the sub crossover turned all the way up if you don't already have it there. If none of that works, maybe talk with Joe.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,482
Members15,617
Most Online2,082