Print Thread
Rate Thread
It's official... New M60ti owner
#109339 08/31/05 01:30 AM
oz350z Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Well my trial period ran out this past Sunday. I am now a happy owner of a pair of m60 speakers. I have pretty much posted my impressions in other threads on the boards. I just wanted to take the time to thanks everyone for their imput and advice along the way. I have tried the speakers in three different rooms powered by three different amps. I am very happy with their performance. In the largest room I suppose I could have gone with the 80's as many of you recommended I should do. But even there the 60's sound great. I have to really push before they kind of top out and seem a little strained. This only happens on a certain disc's and only at volumns I would rarely care to listen to. One disc in particular that really showed the speakers hitting the limits was Arvo Part's "Arbos" in the Stabat Mater (the climax of the piece) the Hilliard Ensemble and the string quartet reach such an intense pitch or frequency that the speakers just can't handle it. When I backed of the volumn a few db all was good. Let it be known that this is at a volumn that would never receive any WAF.
I had also mentioned at one point a clacking sound at high volumn. This happened once and thankfully I was never able to repeat the situation. I now believe that was also the source material that the speakers didn't handle well. But I couldn't remember what I was listening to when it happened.

I think what impresses me the most about the speakers is how great they sound a low volumn. When my grandson goes to bed I move my chair in a little closer than normal and at that point the house is usually very quiet and I am just amazed at what I hear at very low volumn. Speaking of playing things at high and low volumn I wonder how many of you notice this. After having the vol. cranked up the wife comes home. You see the car pulling up so you turn it down so you don't have to get the look when she comes in. Yeah... you know the look. When she walks in she says "Is the music loud enough for ya?" You get the look anyway. So you turn it down some more. Then you get up out of the sweet spot and go to say hi and make some small talk and before you know it your trying to have a conversation and the music still seems too loud. Sometimes I have to go through this 4 times before it is really lowered to conversational level. Is this just me or what?

Well I just wanted to sum it all up and make it official. I also wanted to thank all of you. Yes, I'll be hanging around a while. I think you are a great group with a lot to offer. I also had the opportunity to deal with Axioms Brent, Noreen, and Amie.
Customer service is outstanding. The Axiom staff is just wonderful to deal with. If asked if I would do it again my reply would be a resounding yes. As a matter of fact I have already squirreled away some money for my next pair of speakers.
Oh and that reminds me I want to thank squirrelyz for the hospitality and the audition. Squirrelyz, I told Axiom to give you credit for another happy M60 owner in Atlanta.
Cheers all!
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon
Re: It's official... New M60ti owner
#109340 08/31/05 01:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I knew you would like them.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
#109341 08/31/05 02:12 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Glad to hear that you like your new M60s.....sounding good at low volumes also seems to be an Axiom trait

#109342 08/31/05 02:58 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Great to hear that!!! Enjoy your music!!!

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3
#109343 08/31/05 03:07 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Oz, you're a welcome addition to the forum family. I'm so glad your found you way here, and that you found the Axioms to your liking. I know what you mean about how wonderful they are at low volume. Enjoy!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#109344 08/31/05 03:29 AM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Darn, you like them. I guess you're not sending them to me.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hambrabi, rrlev), 1,074 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup