Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Home Theater Speaker Selection
#116969 11/23/05 12:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Revere!!

To paraphrase Marks comments: Yup, great speakers, great company and great forum!!(been extreemly happy with Axiom speakers for over four years...wonderfull stuff)

But the room is the killer My listening room is sucking the life outta my audio system!!(this is a long boring thing I've been going thru since we moved into a new house last year)

I moved my new mains into the dining room system last week for a test and they absolutely blew me away!!

The wife put a stop on me from dragging the 65" Mits and my favorite chair into the 13X11 dining room though

But yeah, go for the 30 day free trial and ya can't go wrong!!

At the very least; stick around the forum for a bit and have some fun! And if you have a question: on anything; don't be afraid to ask....the only dumb question is the one that's not asked!!

Welcome to the forum, and keep on postin'
Rich.

#116970 11/23/05 05:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've listened to both Axioms and the Energy Connoisseur's in my own home. As nice as the Energy's are, you really need to move up to their Veritas line to compete with Axiom.

Customer service? Forget that Axiom is an online only company. You won't find better customer service anywhere. Seriously. There should be ZERO worries on your part regarding that.

Visit a fellow Axiomite's home and hear the speakers for yourself. You'll likely be ordering your own soon after.

Good luck!

#116971 11/23/05 10:21 PM
aficionado
aficionado
You get a whole lot of bang for the buck with the Axioms for sure. I spent half as much on speakers than I originally planned for and ended up buying a new receiver and new interconnects as well and still paid less than I thought I would for the speakers alone. And I couldn't be happier. As far as customer service just poke around the forum a while and you will see instances of Axiom sending replacement subs within MINUTES of getting a call on a problem and not worrying about making you send the broken unit back first. You might get the owner or the designer of your actual speaker or an employee that has been there from the beginning. You will be completely taken care of. Notice that unlike many websites their toll-freenumber is on the very top of their homepage where you can't miss it. No searching endlessly through menu after menu only to find an auto-reply email support address here!

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti
#116972 11/26/05 01:03 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Good day Revere

My first pair of speakers were a pair of Axiom AX2's, back in 1986. My brother still has them in his living room. I sold them to him because I was getting into H/T in the early nineties and the 2's weren't shielded. I then lived with a KEF system for 10 years and decided to upgrade this year.

I auditioned the Axiom M80's against the Mirage OM series, B&W 700 series, and the Paradigm Studio series last summer. All three of these speaker companies make awesome speakers, however they also make very expensive speakers. I was amazed that I could get better definition in the bottom end form the Axiom's than the B&W 702's at almost 3 times the price.

I also found the M80's just simply more exciting to listen too than all 3 of the other speaker lines. Music seems to grab you instead of lulling you to sleep. Movies come alive like you are there. And don’t get me started on how great the EP-500 subwoofer is or the awesome QS8’s!

About customer service, I only live 2 hrs from the Axiom plant in Dwight, so they invited me to audition the speakers right there on site, and even gave me a plant tour. Let’s see Mirage or B&W do that!

I have a friend that does H/T installations for a living, and started with the Klipsch in-walls, his comment to me was, they are expensive and not the best sounding. He is now recommending to his customers to go with Axiom's new line of in/out walls, pricing is almost the same, sound quality however; is night and day.

Good luck in you choice.

PN

M80ti
Vp150
Qs8
EP-500 (don't watch movies without it!)
All powered by Rotel

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990
#116973 11/27/05 03:04 PM
aficionado
aficionado
what did you like better about the axiom in/on walls over the klipsch in walls? ron

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,949
Posts442,507
Members15,619
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters