Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Home Theater Speaker Selection
#116959 11/23/05 04:19 AM
R
revere Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I am putting a Home Theater in my home under construction in the Richfield,OH area, and need to make a decision on the speakers. I have one AV guy recommending the Energy Conniseaur Series, while another is recommending the Klipsch RF25 series. I just learned of the Axiom Epic 80 - 600 series this evening. Anyone have any insight on Axiom vs Energy or Klipsch? The theater is 12'x30'. Also, how do you find the Axiom customer support in the event of problems? Is it a reliable product? Any pro's/con's on Axiom or Klipsch/Energy is much appreciated. I can go listen to the Energy/Klipsch, but not the Axiom's unless someone out there is in the Cleveland or Columbus,OH area.

Thanks for your input.

Re: Home Theater Speaker Selection
#116960 11/23/05 04:30 AM
shareholder in the making
Welcome to Axiom Revere...

Below is the audition thread link in the "Hearing Things" section. Ajax is in Cleveland but currently owns Rockets, so he may have to have his name taken off the list. I think there are others around, even in neighboring states...

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Auditions&Number=76567&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

In my opinion Axiom has one of the best Customer Service reputations in the speaker industry. They will bend over backwords to make you happy and provide technical support. Axiom has been around for about 30 years, so they are not going anywhere. I love that they deal direct with the customers instead of retail chains.

Before I purchased my Axiom's I auditioned B&W's, NHT, Klipsch, Paradigm, and a few others. Most of the Klipsch speakers have the horn tweeters, which will not give you as pure/accurate sound as a dome design like the Axiom tweeters. Can't help you on Energy. You might want to try the Search function, as I'm sure others have asked about these brands against Axiom.

I think Axiom is the best Canadian speaker company right now. Free shipping and 30 day trial is not bad either, so you could always give them a shot in your home.

I just took an audition for me and I was sold, they are awesome.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

#116961 11/23/05 04:32 AM
One other thing, if you order 5 or more speakers you automatically get 5% off your order. AND, if you order from the factory outlet, you get 10% also, not a bad deal.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

#116962 11/23/05 04:49 AM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
If you are willing to drive to Columbus - we are west of Erie, about the same drive. You are welcome to come here.

#116963 11/23/05 04:52 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I don't think he would ever leave your house, Craig.
I know I wouldn't. Too many toys to play with. hehe

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#116964 11/23/05 05:14 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Good advice - and good people - here, Revere.

I believe you would find the Axioms comparable to, but a much better value than the Energy speakers. Personally, I find the sound of those much different than and much preferable to the Klipsch. You should decide with your own ears.

Axiom is a tremendous company to work with. Any concerns you have about quality or customer service are unfounded. Browse the forums awhile and you will find many happy customers.

If you are in a position to accept craigsub's gracious offer, you should do so.

Welcome.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#116965 11/23/05 05:44 AM
devotee
devotee
I was a few days away from buying Klipsh until I heard about Axiom. I decided to have them sent to me and If I didnt like them I would just send them back. Needles to say, I never sent the Axioms back. I heard a bunch of high end klipsh systems and none of them came close to the Axiom setup that I have right now.

#116966 11/23/05 06:04 AM
aficionado
aficionado
In my opinion, there's no way you can go wrong with Axioms. They are by far some the best speakers I've owned, and I've owned many systems over the years. You name it, I've owned it, at one point in time. I've had Definitive Techology, B&W's, Martin Logans, Paradigms, Klipsch, and of course Axioms. My current system is my fourth Axiom system, and will be in my theater for many years to come.

Are there better speakers out there, sure, that is if your willing to drop a heck of a lot more for them. Even then, the improvements you'll gain will be minimal at best, and more often then not they usually never constitute the difference in price. At least that's been my experience. From a man who has owned quite a fair amount of systems, I stick with Axioms for a wide number of reasons. One of those reasons being, in my mind, to my ears, they're simply the best sounding speakers you can buy for the money. You can spend more and buy something else, but what you'll gain won't come close to the difference in cost you paid for them. IMO

Good luck my friend, keep us posted.

Sutter

#116967 11/23/05 06:23 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Welcome Revere,

As sirquack says, I'm over near the airport, but I'm a former Axiom owner so I won't be much help to you. However, I've remained a devoted fan of the company, the people, and the product, and I think of most everybody here on the forum as friends.. I can assure you, you need have no concerns about Axiom customer service. It is top notch.

I was just up at Craigsub's house last Sunday, and I heartily recommend you make the two hour drive to give his Axioms a listen. However, I also recommend you wait to make the trip until AFTER these Alberta clippers that are gonna hit us over the next 3 days pass by.

I believe he has some experience with Energy and Klipsch as well, and should be able to give you some excellent insight into all the speakers that interest you.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#116968 11/23/05 11:57 AM
Hey Revere.... and welcome to this little oasis of forums!

I've been reflecting a bit lately on my Axiom purchase as I remember it to be somewhere around Thanksgiving of last year. My intentions in "getting back" into audio again was to buy the dream speakers that I had always wanted since high school in the late 70s / early 80s... even if I had to buy the mains, center, surrounds and sub seperately. I spent many hours poring through catalogs from companies such as "It HiFi" at speakers such as the big Ohms and upper-end Infinities. I came into this expecting to spend maybe $3~5K just on my main speakers. Then I stumbled into this forum and, as my avatar has likely given away, I discovered Axioms. I couldn't be happier!

Regarding the customer service, there are example upon example here of people receiving exemplary service from Axiom. Don't forget that buying directly from a company not only "cuts out the middleman" in terms of pricing, but also lets you deal directly with the people who know the products best! I'd recommend giving them a call , even to just chat at this point. They're well-known for recommending the right products, not for steering you towards more expensive ones. Remember that any speaker you hear in a showroom will sound different in your own room... a very strong argument for simply auditioning them there in the first place with Axioms 30-day trial.

And finally, for what it's worth: I don't know if you would plan on sticking it around in these forums, but you'll find that this really is an outstanding little community and though most of us own Axiom products, we're also famous for not simply being Axiom toadies!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020