Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Best Speaker Sys. Under 3000$ consideration wi
#136651 05/03/06 06:41 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
interesting, I as well searched, how about that? and no, what you posted didn't answer my questions, thanks anyway

and the reason I asked here is cause the only useful info I found to come close to answering my questions was this excert from a msg Allen sent to someone
In reply to:

At recent meetings, we decided there were enough small changes to enough models to use new nomenclature, hence the v2 designation. Finally, there are no audible differences in the M22ti and the M22v2.

so no real difference in the m22's, what about all the others? still the same question as I made in my last post + any audible difference?

#136652 05/03/06 07:02 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Feel free to contact me on my direct line, 1-888-243-3236, 9-5 Eastern Time, Monday to Friday, or call the Axiom toll-free number any time at 1-866-244-8796 - any of our Audio Experts would be pleased to help.

I would like to suggest calling Axiom as they are the ones that will be able to give you the answers you seek. I doubt if any of the forum members will be able to give you the exact changes to all of the Axiom speaker line other than the information that has been posted by Alan on this forum.

#136653 05/03/06 07:26 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
thanks for sharing that man

IF I were stateside I would have called them already, but being that I am overseas, that is a call I'd rather not make. Be they toll free in north america or not EVERY call back there from here costs and plenty, sadly enough. And stupid me I bought a "local" phone to have a cordless one, and go figure , I come to find out it don't even work to or from the US. GRRRRR

so then . . . anyone have any comments on 3000$ speaker system choices? I'm all ears and NO input is too small. I've had some great input so far , more would be way cool, thanks all

#136654 05/03/06 08:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Can someone tell me when the "V2" designator was started? I have seen it on the forum for awhile. Now I see the V2 in the storefront listings. Also were all the changes made to all of the line? driver/s? crossover point/s? cabinet?

Hi Stone__Man;

We are still in the process of adding the v2 to the sites, but it went into usage at the end of 05 / beginning of 06, to differentiate the current generation of speakers from the original ones. Axiom is constantly making improvements to our speakers, and indeed if you look at an original M80 you'll see an entirely different driver configuration, frequency response, and even cabinet design. Changes to every model of speaker have been made since the line was released - input, in some cases drivers, in some cases crossovers, in all cases cabinet design, etc, etc, and after much discussion it was decided that we should indicate that on the speakers themselves. The performance and hardware changes are cumulative over the last two years, and when we had finished the whole line we added the v2 designation.

#136655 05/03/06 09:31 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Amie,

I thank you for your reply. Are these changes going to be put up on the main webpage somewhere? with what the real world sound differences are if there are any? The way I understood what was in Allens msg. the m22ti hasn't changed soundwise. I don't know much but, I'd assume that if drivers have been changed or crossovers or crossover points, that there would be a real world difference. . . or maybe post the changes/differences on the forum? As I'm sure I'm not the only one that is wondering about the whole "V2" label and what all that entails.

I thank you for your time and service

Kind Regards,
Stone__Man

spell check ? whats that?

#136656 05/03/06 09:37 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Uh, I think that's the best reply you're going to get. It's an accumulation of many changes over the past couple of years, probably a few improvements in sound, other improvements in design, binding posts, etc. Do you want graphs or something?

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#136657 05/03/06 10:02 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Here is a M22 graph form Soundstage 2001

Here is a recent graph from Axiom of the M22s.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#136658 05/03/06 10:22 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
if there are actual differences in sound, yes, visuals would be nice hehe anything really. I guess if there are any real improvments they will want them to be known and we will see them here on the forum or on the main page. I guess it just strikes me as odd in some ways.

It has got me quite curious, are customers getting sound inprovment or just a shiny new moniker for the Axiom line?
Please don't take my curiousity as snide. That is not my intention. Bottom line is I want to know if, in any of the Axiom speakers there is a marked improvment sonically? Again, I'm not trying to come across as snide.

Don't hate me cause I'm curious I've learned from some really good members here on this forum,by asking questions that come to my mind. An old truism just comes to me. you know "the only stupid questions are those not asked."

n e hoo, i l b c n ya

#136659 05/03/06 10:41 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Maybe I'm just grumpy. Maybe I've grown weary of people trying to sincerely help and continuing to get vague and/or reworked questions. Maybe trolls have discovered Xanax.

When people start a comment with "don't take this the wrong way, but..." or "don't take offense, but...", it has always seemed to me that they are asking for permission to be rude instead of taking the time to consider or reformulate their interjection in a more polite or constructive way.

You get what you pay for when you pay for it.

Most Axiom owners who post here (and - I believe - elsewhere) perceive their speakers as a good value.

Stone_Man, I really believe you are overthinking this. Either go listen to some speakers and buy them, or take a chance on some Axioms. You've already confessed to being confused and frustrated with the acquisition process, so why drag it out further?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#136660 05/03/06 11:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Are you saying that if there are several modifications to an Axiom speaker, but those changes have no effect to the speaker sonically, then that does not justify changing the speaker from a "ti" to a v1, v2, or whatever ?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters