Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Finally placed the rest of my order.
inthedeck #139178 06/23/06 11:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
We just bought our "retirement" lakehouse, so I can appreciate your situation. The only advice that I can give is to take your time. We are currently in the process of moving from our current house (getting it ready to sell) to the lakehouse. And, I fully UNDERESTIMATED the time and complexity of the move.

Oh well, there really is no rush!!

And, we leave for a one week cruise tomorrow.

Don't let it stress you and get to you!!!

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV
ratpack #139179 06/24/06 01:39 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
^^ Nah...RP...no stress here. Moved so many times in life, that it's not even a point to stress over anymore. And I'm only 32. My family and I have lived in Aruba, NY, The Himalayas, and I have moved to Massachusetts, NY, etc. etc. The list is way too long to even describe.

But, I have everything hooked up, and so far, so good. Calibrated the speakers, and played the Xbox 360..sounds great. My friend and I were totally excited.

Anyway, more to follow....once I set up more stuff...like DVD surround, etc.

Later.

inthedeck #139180 06/25/06 11:23 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Sounds like you may certainly need to keep the Axiom boxes deck...and I thought moving three times during the past 26 years was a gypsy on the roam. Did you get everything running and calibrated yet? (It IS the weekend, you know )

Rick
Our Room

smile
RickF #139181 06/26/06 01:33 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:

Sounds like you may certainly need to keep the Axiom boxes deck...and I thought moving three times during the past 26 years was a gypsy on the roam. Did you get everything running and calibrated yet? (It IS the weekend, you know )

Hey BB, yeah, I did keep the boxes...and will do so, until the new place is permanent.

As for calibration, yes, I played around with a few settings (th HK receiver has so many sounds modes, I don't think I could calibrate them all...hehe). So far, everything is good...and still finishing up the cleaning process of the room. I attached the wires, vie plastic hooks, to the ceiling, so that they are 'out of the way' but still visible. I didn't want to ruin the walls...so I didn't make too many holes in them.

Still waiting for the replacement amp, from Axiom, and once that gets here, I will be able to use the sub. Right now, the volume level on the sub it too 'high' so it's hard to turn it on, to use it. Once the new amp gets here, I will change it out, and finally get to use the sub.

I must say though, that watching the one movie, while I was testing everything was great. 'Kingdom of Heaven' sure has some serious fight scenes, and arrows flying around was a trip!

Xbox 360 games are a whole new monster, with the 5.1 channel (since they don't really support 7.1) and I am sure they will be even better, with the sub, once I can use it.

Other than that, it's all coming along...and I am sure to post some pics, once I have everything set up and done (another few days, or so).

See ya.
i.

Re: Finally SET UP the Rest of My Order...!!!
inthedeck #139182 06/28/06 06:54 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, it's finally done. I set everything up, mounted everything, and ran cables along the ceiling, using plastic hooks, with adhesive on the back, so as to not screw up the walls, in this rental home. They are 'visible' but not 'ugly' looking, imho. Maybe someone will judge, when I put pictures up...but it's OK. It's not a permanent setup.

I have played Xbox 360 games, I have listened to music, and I have rented two movies to watch (over the next couple of evenings). I will be watching 'Syriana' and 'The Fog' as soon as I have the chance.

I tell ya, I gotta say, everything sounds great. Music through 7.1 channels is awesome. Crashing cars in NFS:Underground is great...as are the cop cars that are chasing me, and the other cars that I wizzzzzz by. Bass is incredible, even though I have it turned down (as I promised the owner of the house that I would keep it low) and still sounds great.

The room needs some furniture...which I am searching for...but no one can agree what we should get. I would prefer recliners, but the soon to be wifey doesn't really want those...

Other than that...basically, just glad to be hearing new things each time I turn on the stereo...dvd player...xbox...whatever!

I will take some pics of the room...and upload to photobucket, and then post them, when I have a chance. The Canon 20D is still packed away...so, I have to take it out, and give it a nice little cleaning (including the lenses!). Once done, I will take the pics, and post them up.

Take care,
i.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082