Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Joe VaSSallo
cgolf #141179 06/20/06 05:10 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I also have been away, and it has been amazing to come back and read this thread. Joe, your family and friends have painted a great picture of you for those of us who have missed out on the opportunity to know you personally. What a great testament to you and your family. All I can say is Wow!

vassallo #141180 06/21/06 03:54 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Two generations after you of intelligent, compassionate and eloquent VaSSallos - what more could one ask for. Well, I guess most of us wouldn't want them to be VaSSallos, but our own surname... but, you get the idea.

Bren R.

Ian #141181 06/21/06 09:54 PM
N
N
My name is Frances Vassallo. I am married to Joe's youngest son Mike. We have 2 boys Jesse and Vinny. I am writing this letter to let Joe and everyone else know what my husband and boys think of their father and grandfather. They are too shy to do this on their own but I am not. Joe's son Mike has told me many stories about his Dad when he was growing up. Mostly it had to do with cars and having the first of every new invention. Joe spent alot of time with his 2 boys whether it was in their garage or at the races that he raced in. His boys will have great memories of this. Things like under their Xmas tree their being new bikes etc.He gave them everything and pretty much anythingt they wanted. Todd raced dirt bikes and Mike has his love of cars. My husband(Mike) thinks the world of his dad but has never told him so. I know Joe knows this now even with Mike's silence. They say pictures( silence) speaks a thousand words. Joe gave both his boys everything they could imagine and more. They both know this and love him for it. The thing is in this world today there is lack of respect but I know that boys Joe's sons respect him more than anyone could imagine. Joe is a master of words when it comes to everyone else but when it comes to his family I think he is lost for words because his family mean so much to him that he is actually lost for words.He has in his final months said these words the only he knows and everyone loves hi for this. When Vin-Man was little Joe took him everywhere and let me tell you I have a video of when Vinny was little and he looked just like Joe with the curly hair. Jesse has taken to airbrushing like his grandfather. I hope he goes as far as Joe has gone with this art. Jesse also has the love of cars and respects them as does his dad his grandfather. Once again I am only the daughter in law writing this because they wouldn't but want everyone that has known and loved Joe to know that he is a loved, respected and looked up to kind of guy. My heart and thoughts are with him though I don't tell him. I know what a hole it will leave in my heart and all 3 boys in my family alone. But knowing him and having loved him for this many years will leave us with great memories. I love you Joe like you were my own dad and Mike and Jesse and the Vin-man feel the same way but are less expessive.

We love you as always and forever,
Your son Mike, daughterinlaw Frances and 2 of your grandsons Jesse, and the Vin-Man.

narfiebabie #141182 06/21/06 10:55 PM
shareholder in the making
If I read any more of these testimonials, I may turn into a blubbering mess. Still, it is comforting to know so much of Joe has rubbed off on the people in his life.

pmbuko #141183 06/21/06 11:31 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

If I read any more of these testimonials, I may turn into a blubbering mess.

Too late for me.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I feel so strongly that loving children (and grandchildren) are the mark of a successful life. Blessings on you all.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #141184 06/21/06 11:57 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Echo Peter and Jack.

I want to thank the VaSSallo family for so bravely sharing their stories with us. Doing so connects us in ways we cannot yet begin to understand. It furthers and deepens the joy Joe brings to our shared experience. It makes the world just a little bit better for today.

Since this thread started, I've been hugging my kids just a little tighter, just a little longer.

Salut, Joe.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Ajax #141185 06/22/06 12:54 AM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Quote:

Quote:

If I read any more of these testimonials, I may turn into a blubbering mess.

Too late for me.

There's a tear in the corner of my eye right now!

tomtuttle #141186 06/22/06 02:58 PM
Amen to that Tom.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

tomtuttle #141187 06/23/06 12:43 AM
veteran
veteran
Quote:

Echo Peter and Jack.

I want to thank the VaSSallo family for so bravely sharing their stories with us. Doing so connects us in ways we cannot yet begin to understand. It furthers and deepens the joy Joe brings to our shared experience. It makes the world just a little bit better for today.

Since this thread started, I've been hugging my kids just a little tighter, just a little longer.

Salut, Joe.

Thanks Tom, well said...

"Never, never, never give up "... Winston Churchill
Ian #141188 06/23/06 02:51 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Reading Todd's, Tara's, and Fran's posts certainly bring back lots of memories. Yes it is true - the word "dynamite" is something that comes out of Joe's mouth constantly. It is part of who he is. But Uncle Joe wouldn't be who he is without Aunt Ruth. This lady is the definition of class.

As you have read, Joe gets completely enveloped by the "project of the moment". He dives in, and puts his whole heart and soul into it. All the while, there is Ruth quietly supporting (and tolerating) the next "greatest thing". And the next "greatest thing". She has this quiet confidence about her that you have to admire. She is the stability that allows Joe to soar, and just lets "Joe be Joe". She happily lets him have the spotlight, and I'm sure he would not have been able to achieve the things he has without her. I have never told her this, but I have the greatest respect and admiration for her.

Ruth is also very health conscience. She keeps herself in shape, and would put many women 20 years her junior to shame. And, she is the reason Joe bought his beloved Porsche in the first place. If I remember correctly, he was looking at new twin turbo Dodge Stealth's / Mits 3000's. It was Ruth who pointed out the huge depreciation factor, and suggested a classic Porsche instead. And so his love affair with the fabled German automaker began.

I know this thread is supposed to be about Joe but a large part of who he is, is because of her.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617