Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Joe VaSSallo
Mrs_V #141209 08/03/06 07:49 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ruth, my thoughts are with you and your family. God bless.

Getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/SVS 2000/m60/Monolith 3x200 amp
Mrs_V #141210 08/03/06 02:09 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Please accept my deepest and most sincere condolences on your loss.
~Jaime

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg
Mrs_V #141211 08/03/06 02:59 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Ruth,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I just don't know what to say, except you'll be in my thoughts.

littleb #141212 08/03/06 03:57 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I am saddened to hear this news, but I know he is well now, and in no more pain. Thank you so much Ruth and other friends and family of Joe for sharing the stories and memories of such a great man.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/
littleb #141213 08/03/06 03:59 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Ruth,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing with us.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Mrs_V #141214 08/03/06 05:53 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I am very sorry to hear of Joe's passing. I hope you all were able to enjoy the time you had together before he past and can keep him alive in your hearts and memories.

You are in our thoughts.

James

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
Ian #141215 08/04/06 07:01 PM
S
S
Hello Everyone,
I am Joe’s sister (as you know, one of 7 - third oldest sister and next youngest sibling to Joe). On June 21, 2006 my son Shawn emailed me a link to this site with the message “Mom, I thought you might want to read this”. At first I thought it might be another article on health and safety or maybe even a news article on something amazing somewhere in the world or some crazy - you gotta shake your head - fall off your chair laughing, piece of tidbit; because Shawn often passes such things along to me, keeping his mother either well informed or putting a smile on my face (he is in many ways like his Uncle Joe!!). Never in a million years would I have guessed that this link was going to take me to the most overwhelming, truly extraordinary and most astonishing place I have ever gone. The never ending, heartwarming and remarkable messages on this board stirred a rush of emotions within and those who know me, know very well that I don’t get emotional or sentimental much. But this was staggering, moving, gratifying, uplifting, touching, heartbreaking and cheerful laughter all in one. What all of you don’t realize is that what you have done here “was Joe”. This was the kind of stuff he loved. This was the greatest gift any of you could have given him because what motivated Joe, what made up his adventurous nature and what pushed his crazy pursuit of “the next greatest thing” was people – people like all of you – people who loved him – people who laughed, cried, joined, jumped on his band wagon - with him. You have no idea but this was the essence of his being.

Thank you, all of you, for your kindness and for sharing your thoughts and feelings with him. It is the most befitting exit for a man who had a heart of gold, who’s only passion was touching the hearts of others and who always made sure that the only expressions and sounds around him were laughter and music. Even his art made you either smile, stand in awe or took your heart to a warm place.

As I read the endless string of sentiments on this board, I smile and I cry all at the same time; but I never intended to respond or place my own feelings here. I just enjoyed and treasured each and every one of yours. But now at the end of all of this, it became increasingly clear that it would be totally remiss on my part if your compassion was left unrecognized. Joe and I have always had this unspoken understanding of love and respect for eachother and even our last words to eachother were whispered. I’m sure some of you had experienced that infectous laughter or giggle he had. That was all that was ever needed to cherish a special moment with him. But your thoughtfulness and open display of generosity is truly remarkable – again I say thank you.

To Ruth, Todd, Mike, his daughter-in-laws and his grandchildren, the only words I will express publically are those of the greatest love, respect and gratitude I have for you. You gave your love and devotion to my brother unconditionally and everyone should know that. You are the epitomy of greatness as he was, for you are all part of him. The rest of my warm feelings for you will continue to be shared privately.

My wonderful, beautiful brother, I know that you are looking down and reading this right now, giggling your little butt off at me for getting so soppy. Your soul and your presence will always be here with us. You left too much of yourself here to ever be erased. Your legacy to us is your laughter and zest for life. These are the memories you leave behind. The only sadness we will know of you is that we can no longer share that intensity of you here on this side. You did this last journey with style and grace, you truly “Did It Your Way” and you showed us what ‘Class’ really is – Kudos Big Brother – We Celebrate You!

Until we meet again on the flip side my sweet brother………..………..I love you dearly. Monica

sister_sister3 #141216 08/04/06 10:03 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Beautifully said, Monica. Thank you for sharing with us.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #141217 08/05/06 09:00 AM
aficionado
aficionado
It's taken me a long time to respond to this thread, and for that I apologise. I just never knew what to say or how to go about saying it. Even now I'm at a loss for words.

To learn the news of Joes passing saddens me greatly, and Monica's post has left a lot of tears streaming down my face. Joe was a great guy who was always there when you a had a problem, or a question that needed answered. He'll be greatly missed by everyone.

My heart and prayers goes out to the VaSSallo family. May God bless you all. I offer my deepest condolences during this hard time.

God bless you Joe, I'll never forget you.

sister_sister3 #141218 08/05/06 01:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes Monica; beautifully said indeed. Every word and thought.
Rich.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020