Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: just moved, little trouble getting system back up
Bilbo_Baggins #143982 07/25/06 03:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Bilbo,

First, unplug the coaxial sub cable from the Axiom sub and connect one of your CD or DVD player's analog left or right channel line-level audio outputs (RCA jacks) to the line-level input on the sub. Now play any CD with some bass and turn up the Axiom sub's volume control. If the sub is working properly, you should hear muffled-sounding low-frequency sounds of the deep bass energy.

If you don't hear anything, call the Axiom toll-free number.
If the sub works fine, then check your receiver bass management setup menu and make sure you have the Sub turned "ON" and increase the sub (LFE) channel output on the receiver to a healthy 0-dB level or higher until you get output from the Axio sub. Make sure your re-connect the coaxial sub cable from your receiver to the Axiom's line-level input jack.

Set the receiver bass management crossover to 80 Hz and the sub's crossover control to Bypass or its maximum position to remove it from the circuit.

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
Re: just moved, little trouble getting system back up
alan #143983 07/26/06 12:47 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Alan, as always - thanks for your ideas and help. It turned out to be the cable... the same green sub-cable that caused problems before. It just popped up in one of the many boxes that were packed up and moved to the new location. I can't believe this same cable caused me another long trouble shooting trail. That green cable (apperantly got pinched at one time) is going in the garbage can !!!

Also, thanks for the reminder on the amp setting Alan. It definately made it quick and easy to go into the amp menu and make sure it was setup optimally.

I must say, it's been months since I heard some of my favorite CDs playing out of those M60s. They are REALLY the real thing -- especially good acoustic guitar songs!

Once again, I am floored by Axioms. I've heard a lot of high end, over priced speakers, and the axioms are right up there. Of course, it's all personal taste and oppinion, but they are perfect for my combinatioin of movies and music. This weekend the 4 QS8's go up for 7.1. A favorite setup of mine is 7 channel for music. The QS8's I'll put up against any surrounds. period. ok, I'll step off my soapbox now, and look forward to watching LOTR's (fellowship) this weekend in DTS ex 6.1. Still the best sound track for Rear surround action!

thx again everyone, I'm back in Axiom heaven.

Bilbo, out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020