Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Any feedback on the Audyssey MultEQ
Jim_Perkins #155238 01/10/07 02:28 PM
local
local
I have had the speakers for a while now...and I do agree its the M80's and that HUGE Sub.

HDMI is new to me...so maybe I am missing out on something.

As for the sound issues....what I seem to be hearing sounds more then fine to me so I need not ever adjust it after I find that it is just right. The one thing I did try was to set teh crossover freq. at 80 for all channels. With Audessey and this setting at 80 everything sounds clean and perfect.

My room is in the basement of our home...so no windows.
The room is probably about 20 x 10 or so....has two doors and a drop ceiling.

Awesome graphs...wish I had the time to figure out how to grab em and then how to post em here. :-)

-------------------------------------
Denon 4308
M80x2,VP150,EP600,4xQS8
Tarun #155239 01/10/07 06:36 PM
old hand
old hand
I am considering a Denon 4306 b/c of the Audyssey. I currently have an HK 7300, but unfortunately, I am in a very bright, very large all hardwood floor and reflective surface room, and am need of some EQ'ing to tame those highs. My question is: Does the Audyssey work well for 2 channel music also?

Thanks all!!

M60 VP150 2x QS8 EP500 HK 7300 DENON DVD-3910 Sony 60" SXRD
Tarun #155240 01/10/07 08:54 PM
local
local
Hello
Yea I would like a larger sub, all in good time i guess. I'd try to sell my existing sub to my brother, but I think he needs a larger one also, and my conscience gets in the way.

concerning the HDMI, I switched video cards in the computer and am getting better results when switching the input on the reciever. Wanted to put that out. This is on linux so my results probably wouldnt apply to many.

I guess I have always been a knob twister . When I listen to music the bass content varies from disk to disk. I like to tweak the center to blend the vocals. Sometimes I wish i would just leave it alone.

If I had a wish with the Audyssey, I wish I could overide the speaker settings (large/smalll) and the crossover settings before it made its measurements/calculations. When you are in Audyssey EQ mode, and no setting have been changed, the audyssey light is green. If anything has been tweaked, the light is red. You can 'revert' the settings to get it back green, but then you lose your small/large changes and crossover adjustments also. I'd like to be able to 'revert' to the green light, but keep my custom small/large and crossover settings. The red light green light thing would let me know if I had previously tweaked things from the calculated settings.

Thanks for the compliment on the graphs. I hooked the zone2 output of the denon into a capture card on the computer.

Randy

Quote:

I have had the speakers for a while now...and I do agree its the M80's and that HUGE Sub.

HDMI is new to me...so maybe I am missing out on something.

As for the sound issues....what I seem to be hearing sounds more then fine to me so I need not ever adjust it after I find that it is just right. The one thing I did try was to set teh crossover freq. at 80 for all channels. With Audessey and this setting at 80 everything sounds clean and perfect.

My room is in the basement of our home...so no windows.
The room is probably about 20 x 10 or so....has two doors and a drop ceiling.

Awesome graphs...wish I had the time to figure out how to grab em and then how to post em here. :-)

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,386 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup