OP Offline
aficionado
Thanks everyone.

John
Re: Axiom Exhibit at Toronto Interior Design Show
jakeman #159843 02/25/07 01:43 PM
shareholder in the making
OK, I'm gonna say it. (Again...I've said it before)

Why doesn't anyone from Axiom ever let us...(arguably their most loyal fan base) know about these new products?

Maybe I'm incorrect about his, but it seems the EP-400 was the only product in the last few years that was "announced" to us. I'm not expecting "early insider information", but if they are going to be showing products such as their new amp and outdoor speakers at a trade show, can't they release some information to us via this site or at least a user's club mailing?

No, it's not like I have hurt feelings. I just don't understand their lack of marketing to their most ardent supporters. We find out about almost everything from some other source...

It's the one single area where I see Axiom falling flat on their face time after time after time….

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
jakeman #159844 02/25/07 02:20 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Thanks for taking the time to file such an informative report. Is there anything else you can tell us about the computer speakers? Size, drivers etc?

getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/ep350/m60/m2200s
MarkSJohnson #159845 02/25/07 02:35 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I wish I could have gone. My wife was there on business, and had a quick chat with Alan, Ian, & Amie. They were kind enough to spare a moment, even though she had no interest in talking "speakers". She brought me back the fold-out brochure that John mentioned above - it is a gorgeous, well executed piece of literature. (She did comment that she liked the painted in-walls, though)

Mark, are you sure you're not just a little bit hurt? It's like having a new girlfriend you're head over heals for, and finding out that she's showing her "goodies" to everyone else down at the mall.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
MarkSJohnson #159846 02/25/07 02:49 PM
jakeman Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Quote:

OK, I'm gonna say it. (Again...I've said it before)

Why doesn't anyone from Axiom ever let us...(arguably their most loyal fan base) know about these new products?

Maybe I'm incorrect about his, but it seems the EP-400 was the only product in the last few years that was "announced" to us. I'm not expecting "early insider information", but if they are going to be showing products such as their new amp and outdoor speakers at a trade show, can't they release some information to us via this site or at least a user's club mailing?

No, it's not like I have hurt feelings. I just don't understand their lack of marketing to their most ardent supporters. We find out about almost everything from some other source...

It's the one single area where I see Axiom falling flat on their face time after time after time….

Mark. Did you wake up on the wrong side of your bed today? Seriously, every company I know uses trade shows to show new products and "concept" products not yet disclosed. Its one reason I like going to shows. Also keep in mind this was not an audio or electonics show.

Some of these products are not yet ready for sale or we would see them at the webstore or discussed here. I also think you are being presumptious saying they aren't marketing to their most ardent supporters. They have already posted info on the W speakers and outdoor speakers and EP400. The amp has been delayed but it was neat actually seeing a prototype. The computer speakers were interesting .

I think I was one of the few people here who attended because I saw they had an exhibit at a design show . The only other electronics company at the show was Sony showing their sleek new displays and blueray players.

I dunno, I'm regretting posting my impressions.

John
FordPrefect #159847 02/25/07 03:01 PM
jakeman Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to file such an informative report. Is there anything else you can tell us about the computer speakers? Size, drivers etc?

I didn't get a chance to inspect them closely. They looked like the were 5" cubes with a dedicated small sub. 12"x6"x12". I'm guessing the speaker cubes contained a modified 3" woofer with a small inserted tweeter horn and the sub may have a 5" driver.

They were on display just after the entrance and there were a lot of people in the line waiting to get in.

John
jakeman #159848 02/25/07 03:04 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Quote:

I dunno, I'm regretting posting my impressions.

Don't be concerned about it. I thought it was a great post.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #159849 02/25/07 04:04 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I think the review of the show was great also!

And I also agree with Mark. At the very least; Axiom could have had an update for the owners club to be released on-line concurrently with day 1.25 of the show. Nothing elaborate, maybe as simple as a few photos and a little blurb. But yeah, at least "something" to acknowledge our existence here would have been nice.
Rich.

jakeman #159850 02/25/07 09:32 PM
Quote:

Mark. Did you wake up on the wrong side of your bed today? {{SNIPPED}} I dunno, I'm regretting posting my impressions.

Yes, I really DID wake up on the wrong side of the bed today... and NO, you shouldn't regret posting for a moment!

I just don't understand how, if they are going to show something publicly, it wouldn't benefit them to throw out a blurb about it that day or the day before. If you didn't go to the show, we wouldn't have heard anything about any new products until they were on the website and one of us tripped over it....

A basic rule in business is that it is much more effective to market to your current customers than to try to market to others...

Again, I'll state that I'm not looking for "inside information". But if they are showing new lines at a trade show, why not drop by here and let us know?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #159851 02/25/07 10:16 PM
I dunno, we heard about the EP400 early, the W series early (heck, we named 'em!), the amp early (I think)... Pretty sure we heard about the EP5 and 600s early.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 663 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup