Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The "Everybody's Weird" thread
#163359 03/29/07 01:40 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
So, everybody's weird. What is something weird about you?

I've got a weird physical feature...I have a big butt. It's not huge (like fat huge) it's just big...sticks out. On several occasions I've gone into stores to fit pants for me...and I get interesting responses. Like, when I got a suit tailored for me, it was time to measure the pants. So, the salesman goes "It's a good thing you have a small waist and these come in a size 38. All we'll have to do is take in the waist to about a 32 and leave everything else how it is." Then made a vague remark about my "rear section." One time in a backpacking store the guy asked my waist size..then tried on these rain pants. When I put the "thin person's" pants on, almost immediately he was like..."Your seat section isn't fitting right...here, try a Large."

And of course, having a big butt in college always gets a few good teasings in college. I've been told my wife will be appreciative of my butt...along the lines of "something to hold on to"...whatever that means. Hey, that's what I've been told.

So, I'm weird for posting this, and weird in general, but what is weird about you?

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
Re: The "Everybody's Weird" thread
danmagicman7 #163360 03/29/07 01:59 PM
devotee
devotee
Quote:

So, I'm weird for posting this, and weird in general, but what is weird about you?

That I was intrigued by this thread and actually read the post...and felt it necessary to respond

Last edited by DanielBMe; 03/29/07 01:59 PM.
danmagicman7 #163361 03/29/07 03:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Yeah, kinda cool idea for a thread, but for me this may be a little too much like work ...

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
danmagicman7 #163362 03/29/07 03:25 PM
shareholder in the making
This thread could be fun.

I broke my nose when I was two by running into a coffee table. (My father, his brother, and their father have all broken their noses.)
I pulled an iron down onto my head as a toddler (it was my mom's fault because she left the cord dangling) and the injury required stitches above my right eye.
I broke my left arm by falling from a treehouse shortly after relieving myself into a neighbor's yard.
I bit through my lower lip after cannonballing right onto my brother in a swimming pool. He was uninjured.
I broke my wrist in 7th grade by trying to dunk a basketball with the assistance of a strategically-placed chair. The chair didn't stay put.
I broke my collarbone in a mountain-biking accident on the first day of summer after 8th grade.

Let's see, what else...

I had braces in college and they were removed just a few weeks prior to my wedding day.
I wanted to be an Astrophysicist when I started college, but the math was too intense so I switched to Anthropology. Now I work in IT.
I once drove from Seattle to Vancouver (and back), just to have dessert.
I've been working for the same company for 7 years, but in three different cities.

pmbuko #163363 03/29/07 03:44 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've been electrocuted over 17 times. Some minor, some major.

The youngest was when I was less than a year old. I was crawling around the living room and decided that it would be fun to bite THROUGH an electrical cord for a lamp that was plugged in.

I've stuck a butter knife in an electrical outlet was I was about 10. Threw me back a couple of feet and knocked me out.

I've had a computer monitor (found out it was faulty after the fact) discharge when I was leaning over it at a previous job. The jolt when through my chest (heart) and out my hand that was touching a grounding strap. (That one was freaky. I swear my heart stopped.)

I've had various home improvement projects where I'm helping someone who SWEARS that the power is shut off, and ZAP. I've done this to myself too when I was working in my basement and the circuit breaker (in a brand new house) was mislabeled. It read that there was a circuit for the basement outlets, so I turn it off, just to find out that some of the outlets were tied in to another circuit, but weren't labeled as such... ZAP.

I was working on my car once when I found a wiring short circuit the hard way. ZAP ZAP.

I've gotten a shock when doing the old "smell" test on a failing circuit board. Leave it plugged in, get real close to fine the "circuit burn" smell, and ZAP. Got me right on the nose. Needless to say, I threw the board away in anger.

I've had my youngest daughter turn on a light when I was removing the metal part of a broken light bulb from the socket.

Oh, and yes, I HAVE stuck a new 9-volt battery to my tongue.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #163364 03/29/07 04:25 PM
buff
buff
Quote:

I've been electrocuted over 17 times. Some minor, some major.

That's shocking Nick!!!

I am the second oldest of 9 children - something you do not see too often these days.
I got my motorcyle licence when I was 43 and did a 13,000 km (8125 miles) trip out to Yosemite in 2005.

Axiom Audio
danmagicman7 #163365 03/29/07 04:57 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I am the oldest of five.

I am the oldest of five adopted children. My parents were unable to conceive and so adopted five of us. From what I know, I was born illegitimate to two college kids in 1960. My two younger sisters and I were all adopted day of birth but my two brothers were adopted when they were seven and nine...
Programming DOES happen before age seven! My brothers have proven that (very long story).

My parents were very loving people and so to add to the fun, they were also foster parents when we were growing up...at one time, there were 13 of us living under one roof. (Many funny and sad stories here...)

As my parents both worked, I was the one designated to cook. I had to cook for the troups (or troops) but felt more like a circus with trained animals and all. This is how I learned to cook...en masse. I still have trouble cooking for smaller than 10 people sometimes.

My Dad is ex-Navy and yet my hair length is almost to my waist currently (I grow it out, cut it off and send it to Locks of Love). Many interesting arguments growing up...brothers kept Navy haircuts...I was the rebel, the Long Haired Hippie...although I was the one to finish high school, three rounds of college and am currently employed full time.

"Fine!...And you?"

WhatFurrer

Last edited by WhatFurrer; 03/29/07 05:03 PM.

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."
WhatFurrer #163366 03/29/07 04:58 PM
Hey, my hair's almost to my waist, too! I've done the locks of love thing once, 2 years ago. I guess my hair grows slowly.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
nickbuol #163367 03/29/07 04:59 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
I know I could never compare with Peter, but I'll flog my memory banks for some uninteresting tidbits.

When I was a little shaver(about 5 years old)I sat down in the neighbors garden and harvested all his tomato plants. At about the same time I was visiting my grandparents and I thought it would be to fill up their neighbors automobile gas tank with sand, one handful at a time. That took an entire afternoon. Both of these instances resulted in an angry phone call to my parents. I once picked up a rusty old ham can, filled it with water during a water fight, tripped and darn near sliced my thumb off. I got into a paint fight with my gf and I poured a full paint can over her head, I felt bad about that so I married the poor girl. I helped my best friend build a lifesize replica of the Star Ship Enterprise, but we couldn't get it to stand up. I don't want to reveal too much, so I'll stop now.

littleb #163368 03/29/07 05:47 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I've taken out two trees. The first time I was on a red plastic sled with my sister sitting behind me. I was about 10 at the time. The back hill was all ice and we were going so fast into the yard behind us with a tree about as thick as a baseball bat right in front of us. I tried to swerve and thought we avoided it, when something comes up and hits my knee and we stop. I look over and the front of the sled had cut right through the tree.

The second time I was mowing the neighbor's lawn when I was 14 or so. It was a riding mower and I didn't turn in time. Drove right over the tree, actually more of a shrub I guess, and chopped it down with the mower.

nickbuol #163369 03/29/07 05:55 PM
When I was in high school, there was a short-term underground 'trend' that involved transformers, batteries, and wires. Someone would connect a battery to a transformer and then hold one of the wire leads. He'd then recruit as many people as possible to form a human chain, hand to hand. The last person would grab the other lead and the entire group of people held on as long as they could take it. Occasionally, the group was too big or the battery too weak to feel much, but other times the group size, and/or the battery/transformer combination was just right to cause quite a jolt.

I think the administration put a stop to that one.

pmbuko #163370 03/29/07 07:20 PM
devotee
devotee
When I was about 8yrs old, I went into my mom's top dressing drawer while she was at work and found all her silver coins...

An hour later I was at the corner convenience store on my street with my friends buying everyone loads of candies, ice cream and chips...using my mom's silver coins...

Skip ahead to about 5pm when my mom came home from work and decided to stop by the same corner store to buy some bread...conversation with store owner ensues...

Mom comes home and asks me if I was at the corner store that day. I promptly lied and said no...well needless to say I couldn't sit down for about a week. On a scale of 1 to 10, that candy rates a 10 as the best I ever tasted!

danmagicman7 #163371 03/29/07 07:32 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Quote:

So, everybody's weird. What is something weird about you?

I've got a weird physical feature...I have a big butt.

I’m the youngest sibling of six. The rest are women and all had a part in raising me. Need I say more??

But Dan, I can sorta emphasize with you and your ‘but problem’. I’m the opposite though. I have no but. To make it even worse, I’ve been weight training for 25 years. My quads are currently 26” and my waist is 33”. I have to buy them hideous, baggy legged, snowboarder/skateboarder, low rider jeans to get them to fit over my legs. But then I can’t get the dam things to stay up cause I ain’t got no but…

……why I felt compelled to read this thread, but yet admit that sober is ….weird.

michael_d #163372 03/29/07 07:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Needless to say, some of you guys are really freakin' weird!

I broke my femur snowboarding and hit a tree in the Canadian Rockies...Not really weird, just sucky.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
danmagicman7 #163373 03/29/07 07:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
- I am always doing impressions and vairous Bobby Mcferrin type noises. As I was doing a diaper change last night, I kept my son distracted with a trumpet sound.
- I can do a spot-on Ernie and Kermit the Frog (understandable since both were voiced by the late, great Jim Henson).
- Whenever I want to screw with the mind of a coworker, I sing "The Rainbow Connection", because she is conditioned to cry whenever she hears it (Goes back to some childhood thing).
- When I was in college, I was a regular on a radio show as Lt. Worf from STtNG.
- I have a room in my basement dominated by Simpsons memorabilia. It's the one room in the basement without Axioms (it has Klipsch in the ceiling thanks to DavidSch)

danmagicman7 #163374 03/29/07 07:56 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Oh my gosh! There are waaay too many weird things about me that I just can't bring myself to disclose here. You would all get a total different opinion about me, for sure! One of them is obviously being an active member on a speaker forum...not very girly, is it? All my friends think I'm a nerd and a geek...which is all so true!

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD
medic8r #163375 03/29/07 08:01 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

Whenever I want to screw with the mind of a coworker, I sing "The Rainbow Connection", because she is conditioned to cry whenever she hears it (Goes back to some childhood thing).

LOL! Do you sing it with the Kermit the Frog voice?

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD
medic8r #163376 03/29/07 08:03 PM
Quote:

As I was doing a diaper change last night, I kept my son distracted with a trumpet sound.

You didn't want him to see you without your diaper on?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #163377 03/29/07 08:19 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Amazon thinks the books I'm most interested in buying next is (and I'm not kidding):

"Hacking Exposed, Hacking Exposed, Goodnight Moon"

I wonder if it's any coincidence that I was into computers ever since a little kid...

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
danmagicman7 #163378 03/29/07 08:34 PM
old hand
old hand
this is obviously b4 the big ol' butt ballooned lol

speakergrrl #163379 03/29/07 08:41 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hah, yes, I did have quite a small (yet cute) heinie on my back side when I was a kid.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
danmagicman7 #163380 03/29/07 09:00 PM
old hand
old hand
yeah, heh, sent you a PM. Also nice photos in te other thread of your room.

speakergrrl #163381 03/29/07 09:03 PM
axiomite
axiomite
LOL! What a great thread with some wonderful stories!

Remind me NEVER to stand next to Nick in an electrical storm.

Mary, I don't care if it "girlie" or not, I'm certainly glad you participate here.

I'm 61 years old. Trust me! Nobody, absolutely nobody, reaches that age without being a little flaky around the edges.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #163382 03/29/07 09:22 PM
old hand
old hand
You sound like a nice man, maybe you are a wannabe Southern gentleman?

I'm new but am not afraid to tell some dirt: I sucked my thumb until I was in kindergarten, and I was always the hyper grrl. Oh yeah and another thing is that unlike most of my friends I still use "Grrl or grrrl" whereas most of them think it is so 4 years ago. I usually use two rs instead of 3 bc I am a lazy typist!

You can probably tell that I like fashion, if you know that YSL is Yves St Laurent. I have done some small-time modeling but really want to get into design. I guess I will have to move to NY or something later. Anyway, working around fashion people, some skeez is alwaystrying to get you to, you know, take off this or that and get photographed in some state of undress. I've never done it, I mean, hello, I was 16, 17 (now 18.5 but it is flattering, y'know? Ah, the dark underbelly of fashion.

sonicfox #163383 03/29/07 09:42 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Mark, enough! My incontinence problem is years away. And speakergrrl, watch out for him and some of these other guys, as they are, um, professional photographers [scary music]don don DON![/scary music] Probably a smart move not to give out your email or full name, eh?

Quote:

Quote:

Whenever I want to screw with the mind of a coworker, I sing "The Rainbow Connection", because she is conditioned to cry whenever she hears it (Goes back to some childhood thing).

LOL! Do you sing it with the Kermit the Frog voice?

But of course!

And I just discovered this today:

Kermit covers NIN/Cash "Hurt"

danmagicman7 #163384 03/29/07 11:48 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
I think MarkSJohnson is the weirdest, but I suppose we can all try.

Ummm, I can't think of anything remarkable about myself. Is that weird?

CV #163385 03/30/07 12:14 AM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
You wanna hear weird. I'll tell ya somefun that happened just today. The Mrs. wanted to go shoppin' for clothes and I ended up buyin' more clothes than she did. That is mighty weird.

danmagicman7 #163386 03/30/07 01:07 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I have an awesome mono-brow that runs straight across and part way down my nose. In boot camp my senior drill instructor took one look at me and started yelling “Private you’ve only got one eyebrow! What are you a (expletive deleted) Neanderthal? Marines have two eyebrows! Save it!” Add to that the wispy “Yoda-hair” on my ears and it regularly drives some people crazy.

Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
danmagicman7 #163387 03/30/07 01:15 AM
devotee
devotee
I'm 41, single, and havn't been on a date in 14 yrs.
How about it, Mary?

duckman #163388 03/30/07 01:28 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Quote:

How about it, Mary?

I'm 19, single, and haven't been on a date in 19 years.

Ouch.

Well, it's partially true. Partially untrue. No, I'm not a sit at home nerd, and yes I do have girl friends. Yes, I went to Prom...and no I wasn't Mr. Congeniality at my school. And...yes I do kinda have a "thing" for somebody. Sheesh. Stop giving me a hard time.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
littleb #163389 03/30/07 01:54 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
GREAT THREAD!!!

OK lets see what I can remember.

I'm 42years old and have never had a cavity or broken a bone. (not for lack of trying)
I palyed French Horn from 4th grade through 12th grade and was encouraged to apply to Juilliard.
I quit playing "The Horn" half way through 12th grade and have never picked one up since.

I'm the youngest of 5 children (dad calls me #5) and my parents thankfully got better at naming children by the time they got to me.
In order from oldest to youngest.
First an middle names.

Jonita Ione (my only sister) pronounced Joe-nitta I-own

Rockwell Lee

Monte Joe pronounced Mon T . If you said it any other way, mom would get upset.

Ron Allen (he got of easy too)

Last but not least.... me
Brady James.

My oldest two brothers hung me from a flag pole when I was six then got distracted by something else and forgot about me.
Some neighbors let me down about 5 hours later.
My parents were not amused.

Ron and I once burned down a drive in theatre screen while playing with fireworks. I was 7 he was 10.
We didnt tell my parents till last year.

speakergrrl this ones for you.....

I've been a professional commercial photographer for 22 years and have NEVER photographed a naked woman. I've had every opportunity and have come close to doing it but for whatever reason I just havent.
(Probably because I dont enjoy photographing people except on rare occassion.)
Other photographers I know DONT believe me.
I did however asst. on 4 different Playboy shoots.

I've also met more than my fare share of famous people. Some through work but mostly through total chance.

Ronald Reagan (1 of 5 people in the room with him for 3 hours)
Stevie Ray Vaughn (Drank beer with him after a show on our B-day... Oct.3rd 1985)
Kenny Loggins
All the band members of KISS (Partied with them on my 39th B-day...crazy crazy night)
Billy Gibbons (from ZZ Top)
Kenny Loggins
Gladys Knight
Thomas Haden Church (from the tv series Wings)
Lee Greenwood
BJ Thomas
Vanna White
John Madden
Howie Mandel
Amy Grant
Michael Irvin (Dallas Cowboy)
Walt Garrison (Dallas cowboy 1966-74)
Mike Madono (Dallas Stars)
Ted Nugent
All the Dixie Chicks (played pool with them for 4 hours and had a BLAST)
All the band members of Pantera
Paul Prudhomme (chef)
Martha Stewart
Huey Lewis

And some soap opera star that I cant remember her name.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
bray #163390 03/30/07 02:09 AM
Man, is anyone else reading this thread and thinking "Jeeesh, my life is dull"?

MarkSJohnson #163391 03/30/07 02:18 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Mark

I've seen some of your people shots.
Your life is NOT dull.

Another weird thing about me and VERY annoying to some people (especially a few X-GFs) and probably the reason I've met so many "famous" people.
I will talk to anyone anywhere.
As my dad puts it...... "Brady has never met a stranger"

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
bray #163392 03/30/07 02:32 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hmm...about a week ago I tried to use hair styling gel on my big toe hair. It didn't really work.

I was bored.

I hope that didn't scare anyone. After all, this is the right thread.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
danmagicman7 #163393 03/30/07 02:57 AM
Ok, I have a bunch of things I could mention, and I may disclose them yet. However, here is a good one.

When I met my wife, Karen, back in the college days, she was actually dating her highschool sweet heart at the time. I was a nice guy she met at college that was introduced to her by her friend that was my roomates dorm room little sister.

Anyway, many weeks/months went buy, and I was that nice guy that went for walks with her around campass. Eventually, she dumped this guy and the rest is history.

Oh yeah, I guess we are back to the reason for this post. She always told me how this ex boyfriend used to wright her poems and melt her heart. So, I thought I would take a stab at it.

Now, back in high school, I used an old Journey song, "Open Arms" to melt my girlfriends heart. I could not used the same song.

So, as most of you know, I'm a big Boston fan, and am very sad by the recent passing of Brad Delp. Rest in God's peace my friend.....

Anyway, I took the song "Holyann" from Boston, and replaced Karen's name with Holyanns name. Since Karen was not familiar with Boston, it went over like frosting on cake, she was all mine.

Here are the lyrics:

In my mind
I can see reminders of a past decade.
So far behind
Like the shadows linger at the close of day.
And we could see
We were timeless dreamers of another day.
And we were free
In a dawning age we had so much to say.

Oooh, the nights you came to me
A bluejean lady so eager to be free.
And the wind in your long hair blowin' as we stood for the band.

Oh, Karen.

Karen
We made the dark into light.
We saw the wrong and the right.
We were for life
And we would never concede it.

Karen
We left the world behind
A million hands gave the sign.
We held the line
Can you believe it?
Karen
Karen

We could live
Just to turn the world into our fantasy.
And we could give
Aquarius was really meant to be.

You and I we were there to see the dawn.
Side by side we had love to carry on.
And I still hear guitars in the air as we sat in the sand.

Oh, Karen

Karen
We made the dark into light.
We saw the wrong and the right.
We were for life
And we would never concede it.

Karen
We left the world behind
A million hands gave the sign.
We held the line
Can you believe it?
Karen

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

danmagicman7 #163394 03/30/07 02:59 AM
old hand
old hand
Quote:

Hmm...about a week ago I tried to use hair styling gel on my big toe hair.

19 years without a date, you say? Inconceivable!

That one goes even better when you picture that little bald guy from Princess BRide saying it. Inconceivable!

SirQuack #163395 03/30/07 03:04 AM
old hand
old hand
Quote:

Since Karen was not familiar with Boston

Well, she prolly is now, right? and did she smack you in your cheesy head when she found out you plagiarized some old shmalzy classic rock song? lol, dingo!

speakergrrl #163396 03/30/07 03:11 AM
Actualy, she was just watching some new show called "Something October". During the show they were playing a Boston song called "Amanda". She said, "Hey, that is that song you wrote for me!" I said, "Well honey, you are right about the band, but wrong song." ha ha lol

speakergrrl #163397 03/30/07 03:24 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

19 years without a date, you say? Inconceivable!

That one goes even better when you picture that little bald guy from Princess BRide saying it. Inconceivable!

This guy?

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

richeydog #163398 03/30/07 03:28 AM
that is a classic movie.

SirQuack #163399 03/30/07 03:52 AM
aficionado
aficionado
"Never get involved in a land war in Asia..."

"Have fun storming the castle..."

"As...You...Wish..."

"Hello...My name is Inigo Montoya...You killed my father, prepare to die..."

Amazing to think that that particular movie was released 20 years ago...

Definitely a classic.

WhatFurrer

Last edited by WhatFurrer; 03/30/07 03:57 AM.
SirQuack #163400 03/30/07 04:07 AM
C
CV Offline
C
And an even more classic book. I still run a website dedicated to it, though I'm probably going to close it down.

duckman #163401 03/30/07 04:51 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

How about it, Mary?

Sure! Where do you live in Kansas? I have an aunt in Wichita that I could all of a sudden "decide" to visit!

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD
sonicfox #163402 03/30/07 05:03 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I can see it now...

An Axiom wedding.

Love birds meet on Axiom Forums...
The Wedding features Axiom products...
Their house gets sponsored by Axiom with all the new Axiom products...

That would be cool...wouldn't it?

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
danmagicman7 #163403 03/30/07 05:27 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Yeah, now it can be an outdoor wedding. Excuse me, an Algonquin wedding.

CV #163404 03/30/07 06:05 AM
Boy, you guys(and gals)are weird! I have nothing of that sort to report. Got to cut this short because I hear one of the prisoners in my dungeon downstairs yelling.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

JohnK #163405 03/30/07 06:46 AM
local
local
I have a scar shaped like a cross in my right hand.
I have had it since i was 6 months old.
i fell on a hot floor register

it's how i learned my right hand from my left hand.
still to this day sometimes if you say go right,I will run my fingers against the insides of my hands.

The only way a puzzle fits together is if all the pieces are different

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
JohnK #163406 03/30/07 12:57 PM
Quote:

I hear one of the prisoners in my dungeon downstairs yelling.

Hey. Watch it, John.

Now you're working MY side of the street!

WhatFurrer #163407 03/30/07 02:01 PM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
This is an enjoyable thread to read. Some funny stuff mentioned by different folks.

I'm single and just turned 23 years old last month. Since people were mentioning dating, I dated a girl in IL for 1 1/2 years, but things didn't work out. Now I'm not to anxious to get back into it as a lot of time, energy, emotion, yadi yada... was drained from me. boo hoo

Lets see weird stuff about me...

I have a very hard time sleeping if my knees are touching, so I put a pillow between them. (to much info maybe?)

I constantly chew the side of my mouth.

I hate certain heights. I can look up at a 50ft ceiling and my palms start sweating, or I won't go up on a 30ft scaffold. However roofs, ladders, really high places like the Eiffel Tower or something doesn't scare me.

I'm left handed yet the only thing I do is write and eat with it. Everything else I use my right hand for.

When I was 6 I nearly beheaded myself riding full speed thru a very thin white rope on my bike that was pretty much invisible. I snapped it but I had a gash around the entire front part of my neck.

When I was 8 or so I nearly lost my right eye when my brother shot me about 10 feet away with a blunt arrow. Hit the bone right below the eye some how.

When I was 10 on my very first day of having a BB gun I shot my grandpa's combine window out because shooting pop cans in the back yard was just boring. There went my allowance savings. Who woulda thought one BB would take out an entire combine window?

Anyway, those are just some of the things I can think of right now.

-Ethan

blobula #163408 03/30/07 04:17 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

...my bike that was pretty much invisible.

COOL! Where can I get an invisible bike????

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #163409 03/30/07 05:15 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
- I've never broken a bone or had a stitch in spite of a very active lifestyle (and my bulldog mouth).

- I got my driver's license at 31 so I could register a car in my own name despite driving and riding motorcycles since I was 16. (strangely, I still get paranoid when a police cruiser pulls up beside me - old habits die hard)

Bren R.

BrenR #163410 03/30/07 05:51 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I think my wierdness lie in my total randomness in friends liffestyles and hobbies.

In high school I routinely hung out with the honor students, the jocks and the Iron Maiden, denim jacket with workboots headbanging crowd.

Currently my friends are a mix of mid to upper class business folk, country bumkins and fishermen and I retained a lot of good friends who still wear jean jackets and have questionable past times or 'incomes'. Strangely enough, they remain the most loyal and trusted of friends.

My hobbies range from being a computers and electronics geek(OMFG! How weird is that?)... to being a semi hippie sea kayaker and skiier... to a gas burning Jeep 4-wheelin rock crawler. (done only on maintained trails with a eco-concious club so as not interfere with my hippie kayaking ways too much.) The kayaking ranges from calm water relaxation to camping trips to semi-extreme wave surfing. ( I say "semi" because I don't want to give the impression that I am actually good at it.)

In a three day stretch I can Chair a meeting for a local charity, go to a symphony on that Friday night, a Motley Crue Concert on Saturday Night, and spend Sunday cruising around on a lobster boat drinking beer with guys who have accents many of you would make fun of.

My Wierdness I guess, is that I just can't find my niche in life and nor do I want to.

I can't wait to see what happens when my mid life crisis kicks in.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
nickbuol #163411 03/30/07 06:00 PM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Quote:

Quote:

Haha! Whoa, I didn't type that well at all. If you find one let me know!

blobula #163412 03/30/07 06:15 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just having fun... Kind of like when you see in the newspaper and ad such as this:

For Sale:
21" Boys Bicycle

I want to know why they are selling the bicycle of a 21" boy. If he is that little and can ride a bike!!!

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #163413 03/30/07 06:56 PM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just having fun... Kind of like when you see in the newspaper and ad such as this:

For Sale:
21" Boys Bicycle

I want to know why they are selling the bicycle of a 21" boy. If he is that little and can ride a bike!!!

Jay Leno does something similar on the late show when he shows those mis-typed ads. Pretty funny.

sonicfox #163414 03/31/07 12:53 AM
devotee
devotee
Quote:

Quote:

How about it, Mary?

Sure! Where do you live in Kansas? I have an aunt in Wichita that I could all of a sudden "decide" to visit!

I live near Wamego, 2.5 hrs west of KC and about 3 hrs from Wichita. My best freind lives in Wichita and I get down there several times a year.
If you want to meet up sometime, LMK.

blobula #163415 03/31/07 01:05 AM
Quote:

Everything else I use my right hand for.

That right there is the very definition of TMI.

pmbuko #163416 03/31/07 01:21 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
And you have a three year old as your avatar picture. You should be ashamed of yourself, Peter.

Heh. I laughed out loud. Good one.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2
pmbuko #163417 03/31/07 03:42 AM
old hand
old hand
lol, U R 2 much!

speakergrrl #163418 03/31/07 11:41 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Two things come to mind.

1. I once nearly drove over myself with my own car.
2. I "started" an oil change at 100mph.

I can provide details if anyone is interested.

FordPrefect #163419 03/31/07 01:07 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Please do!

Last edited by bray; 03/31/07 01:07 PM.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
FordPrefect #163420 03/31/07 01:16 PM
C
CV Offline
C
You're supposed to provide details even if people aren't interested. TMI FTW!

CV #163421 03/31/07 06:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Here you go.

It was the late 60's. Well that explains everything doesn’t it?

At the time I was working for a consulting engineer who was building the extension to Hwy 403. This was on the stretch of the highway that goes up the escarpment in Hamilton and continues into Ancaster. I'm sure many of you have driven it.

The field office I worked out of was in Hamilton and at the time I lived in Ancaster. As soon as the final grade was built I started using the highway as a very quick shortcut home. It was great, no other traffic and no speed limit.

I would blast up the escarpment (we called it the mountain) get to Fiddlers Green Road and simply drive up an embankment and there I was, only about 5 minutes away from my house.

Well on the day in question I got to the road and saw that they had sodded the side slopes. Not willing to drive back down into Hamilton and fight the rush hour traffic I decided to drive up the slope.

I drive into the ditch and the front two tires sink into the newly placed topsoil.

I try to back out, the back wheels spin on the gravel and I just sit there. That’s when I get my great idea. I’ll take my ice scraper out of the trunk and use it to jam the gas pedal down while the wheels are spinning. Then I’ll simply open the door, push the car out of the ditch, jump back in, kick the ice scraper off the gas pedal and go on my merry way.

As you can guess my idea didn’t quite go as planned.

I did jam the gas pedal, did push the car, that’s when the plan changed.
The car shot off in reverse, and the driver’s door knocked me to the ground. On the way down I grabbed the arm rest and hung on. Picture this; the car is now driving backwards in a circle with me hanging off the door being pulled across the gravel. I couldn’t let go as the front left wheel would have driven over me. I think the car circled twice before it came to rest, and stalled, right back in the same ditch.

I can still remember jumping up and making nobody had seen this little adventure. Luckily this time I managed to drive out of the ditch.

About 5 minutes later I had to stop the car because my hands were shaking so badly. All in all I was pretty lucky. I ruined my jeans and t-shirt and lost some skin, it could have been much worse.

Now lets move forward another year. It’s the same highway, same car, but is still not open to the public. Paving was wrapping up, side slopes were being sodded, and guide rail was being installed.

A Saturday night found me driving eastbound on the westbound lanes, the logical thing to do as the eastbound lanes down to Hamilton hadn’t been paved yet. On my left was a very steep slope with no protection at all as the guide rail had yet to be installed.

The car was a ’66 Chevy Nova and at the time I was doing about 100+ mph, all the windows down, radio blaring and not a care in the world. Then I saw what was ahead.

Kids had taken the guide rail posts, which were 9”x9” blocks of wood about 8’ long and laid them parallel to the edge of the road with about 3’ between each post.

Sort of like this:

I I I I I I I I I I I

I was lucky enough (I would like to say it was skill but I’m sure that would be stretching the facts) to miss the wood with my wheels and straddle a post. As I went over it I heard a bit of a thud.

The whole thing happened so fast I didn’t even hit the brakes until I was past the point of contact. I drove about another mile and then pulled off the highway and went to the field office I worked at. A quick check under the car showed a lot of dripping oil. I called a friend and we towed the car to a local garage.

It turns out the wood stripped off the bottom of the oil pan so clean it looked as though it had been cut off by a torch. For what it’s worth the engine was fine, and at no time did the oil light come. Later that month the same car won a trophy at Niagara Airport Drag strip. About a year later I sold the car, bought a new Z28 and began to drive a little more sensible.

I can’t explain it but remembering driving down that hill on that warm summer night brings back nothing but happy memories.

please ignore any errors, the cat was helping me at the keyboard.

getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/ep350/m60/m2200s
Murph #163422 04/02/07 02:45 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Quote:

good friends who still wear jean jackets and have questionable past times or 'incomes'. Strangely enough, they remain the most loyal and trusted of friends.

To paraphrase Richard "Demo Dick" Marcinko CDR USN, Ret. "surround yourself with sinners, you can trust them... saints can rationalize dog turds in a drinking fountain"

Bren R.

BrenR #163423 04/03/07 03:59 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Not very exciting but I have six letters in my first, middle, and last name. My cousin calls me the anti-christ. I've yet to find someone else with that.

Last edited by DistortedLullaby; 04/03/07 04:00 PM.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters