Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Why do my QS8s sound better than my VP150?
bhull #164739 04/23/07 03:32 PM
J
shareholder in the making
J
Quote:

I understand things happen when you are pushing that volume of packages through, but it would be nice if they reported and returned packages that have been wrecked.

If the package is fully broken open, then yes it is pulled and sent back or the sender called and asked what they would like done as the contents are quite often inspected for damage. As in your case with a broken corner on the box or something like that, the package is sent on its way and can be refused at the delivery point for the damage.

I would guess due to the size of the M80's they are not sent on the conveyors so what happens is the boxes are hand picked and dropped(literally) into cages for processing. Usually the people doing the lifting have the boxes on their shoulders and then drop/toss them into the cage. If Axiom were to double the weight of cardboard they use for packaging most of the damage would be prevented, at least on the bigger items. There is also a good chance your speakers were loaded on to an upper shelf in the truck and they simply fell off onto the floor before delivery. It's not a good practice but we are constantly adjusting the way things get done. There are signs every where to remind workers to handle the freight as if it were their own but night shift workers on a loading dock are not the cream of the crop.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #164740 04/24/07 04:02 AM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Bhull, I ran into the same shipping problem you did.

One of my M-60 boxes had a huge hole in the side of the box when I got it. I open the box up and find some serious cosmetic damage to the speaker. I took pictures and e-mailed Axiom the next day. Customer Support promptly responded with the tracking number of my new speaker guaranteed for arrival the next day.

The next day I show up at the shipping company, and the new speaker had another hole in the SAME EXACT SPOT! Unbelievable. I opened the box up in front of the employees and told them I was refusing delivery.

Again I e-mailed Axiom and they shiped me my third speaker using a different company.

Third speaker showed up in perfect condition. You may want to ask Axiom to use a differnt shipping company.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy in the end.

TrueFX #164741 04/24/07 07:52 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

Bhull, I ran into the same shipping problem you did.

One of my M-60 boxes had a huge hole in the side of the box when I got it. I open the box up and find some serious cosmetic damage to the speaker. I took pictures and e-mailed Axiom the next day. Customer Support promptly responded with the tracking number of my new speaker guaranteed for arrival the next day.

The next day I show up at the shipping company, and the new speaker had another hole in the SAME EXACT SPOT! Unbelievable. I opened the box up in front of the employees and told them I was refusing delivery.

Again I e-mailed Axiom and they shiped me my third speaker using a different company.

Third speaker showed up in perfect condition. You may want to ask Axiom to use a differnt shipping company.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy in the end.

Was it DHL? If so, that doesn't surprise me. They muck things up worse then UPS, if that's even possible. lol

Thankfully, it was just the boxes that arrived mucked up, my speakers were fine minus a broken peg on one of the M80 grills. Called Axiom and they took good care of me, as always. Still to this day, I can't say enough good things about Axioms speakers and their top notch customer service.

However in all fairness, I know quite a few people have had nothing but good experiences with DHL. Unfortunately for me, I'm not one of them.

Sutter Cane #164742 04/25/07 04:21 AM
bhull Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Another update

My LPA-1 showed up today. It is sitting in my living room still in the packaging...didn't get it until I had to leave for work.

I will hook up everything in the morning and fire it up to hopefully 5 fully functioning speakers.

jakewash #164743 04/25/07 10:52 AM
H
H
I got my M80s, vp150, and QS8s a week ago. DHL delivered. There was no damage at all to the speakers and some minor tears on the boxes. The biggest issue is that they left 2k dollars of speakers in my open carport without a signature, even though it is required. Anyone could have seen and taken them. I have limited experience with DHL, but I would suggest that they don't care and maybe are even resentful of delivering heavy expensive speakers.

Last edited by hughmcjr; 04/25/07 10:53 AM.
hughmcjr #164744 04/25/07 11:48 AM
After a couple failed attempts at delivery -- I'm still convinced they were trying the wrong address -- I had DHL hold my EP500 at their facility so I could retrieve it myself. Luckily it's only a 20 minute drive from my house. When they wheeled it out of their warehouse, the box had a huge gash is the middle of one of the faces, so either the box fell onto another box, or vice versa. No damage to the EP500, though.

EP500 & DHL*?@#_*!
pmbuko #164745 04/25/07 12:36 PM
T
old hand
old hand
T
I thought my delivery problem to South Louisiana was unique, but after reading this thread, may be time to try the other guys in the delivery deptartment!

DHL set my EP500 by my back door (no knock or doorbell...thus, no signature), bottom side up! The box sealing tape on the bottom was shreaded to hell and the 8 holding staples on the bottom were Gone (sub was open to the world)!! The top of the box, which had now become the bottom, wasn't in much better shape! There was a slight gash to one side, but no breach to the overall container! How or why the sub never fell out of the opened box over it's 2000+ mile treak is beyond me!!!? I complained directly to DHL, suggesting they pushed the container on the highways all the way from Canada!

But the good news is that the great packaging of the sub by Axiom (dense, thick foam w\ 4" air gape surrounding the sub from box walls) protected it from any damage, cosmetics were perfect and so is it's performance!

Ted

Last edited by Theo; 04/25/07 12:39 PM.

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!
jakewash #164746 04/25/07 02:03 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
SutterCane, good guess. It was DHL.

Maybe Axiom is reading this thread and will consider changing shippers as this issue seems to be quite common.

hughmcjr #164747 04/25/07 02:40 PM
bhull Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Quote:

The biggest issue is that they left 2k dollars of speakers in my open carport without a signature, even though it is required. Anyone could have seen and taken them. I have limited experience with DHL, but I would suggest that they don't care and maybe are even resentful of delivering heavy expensive speakers.

The first delivery came in 2 parts, a single QS8 (left on my front porch) and then the rest. The guy rang the doorbell and I was asleep, woke up and brought everything in. He had most of it unloaded already before I got to the door.

The replacement M80 I found on my front porch after waking up and heading out for work. Opened my door and found an M80 box staring at me. The same thing happend for the replacement VP150.

I found the LPA-1 sitting in front of my garage today.

I have had about $5000 worth of gear shipped here if you include all the replacement stuff. I have not signed for a single thing and everything was just left in front of my house for the taking. Thank God I will be home for delivery of my VTF3 tommarow.

I wonder if there are some sort of shipping alternatives available, like specifyig pickup at the shipper so the packages can be inspected and signed for, and if you do accept it, maybe a way to annotate the damage if any.

bhull #164748 04/25/07 03:41 PM
My M80s were shipped by DHL (they left off my apartment number, but at least there's only 3 units in the building). There was some damage to the boxes, but at least the guy brought them inside so my pregnant wife didn't have to lug them around.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters