Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Any updates on the wireless outdoor speakers?
Ken.C #174822 09/12/07 07:24 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well, I won't put anything official in the 'What's New' post yet, but here's a little update.

We met last week with everyone coming in to the plant in Dwight for our quarterly meeting. Here are two candids with names on them. No laughing at the quality!

Canadians are unusually sensitive to nice weather in September, so we met on the dock for the first day of the meeting, and in the factory for the cloudy - er, I mean second - day of the meeting.

This was the first chance the Audio Experts got to listen to the computer speakers, and did they ever have fun! They participated in blind listening tests with other speaker brands, and then clamoured to sign up for 'alpha testing' with these speakers in their homes ASAP! It was clear that the Audiobytes will be used for listening other than just at the computer - they were full of suggestions for rooms in their houses that needed the speakers!

Also on the horizon, a couple of speciality products. One is the code-named the T-series of in-wall/on-wall speakers, T representing the word 'Thin'. These are in-wall/on-wall speakers that have just a 3/4-inch profile, including the grille: sleek looks and again, no-compromise sound. Ian and the crew have done a lot of experimenting on baffle size and come up with great sound from a small profile. They have also developed a special clamping system so that the speakers can be used on the ceiling, answering a product request that has been pending for a long time.

Also on the winter development list is a specialty product that allows M60s, M80s, or VP150s to be built into a cabinet. This product has a redesigned enclosure that allows the speakers to be mounted in a built-in cabinet, and is intended to be spec'd into a built-in wall unit at the time of construction. The need for this product fell out of our visit to the Interior Design Show in February - we have been working closely with designers since then to marry great sound with the 'invisible sound' look that is currently in vogue. The speakers can be covered with a grille-cloth 'door' to completely disappear.

These are both in the mid-development stages so no pics at this time, but stay tuned! Official posts in the official thread when I have more information for you! Lots of projects underway right now, but these two are closest to release (after the amp and the computer speakers, of course!)

Amie #174823 09/12/07 07:27 PM
shareholder in the making
Shows what I know.

Thanks for sharing, Amie! I'm just not used to companies being so candid...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #174824 09/12/07 07:32 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
My fault, actually - I should have posted the update yesterday but I'm late! It's great to be asked!

Amie #174825 09/13/07 03:12 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
The cabinet product is intriguing. I wouldn't personally use it, but I can see it being very popular.

Amie #174826 09/13/07 01:58 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Amie,

Thanks for the update...one question, is that 2 channel bookshelf amp still on schedule? I am holding out for it until november, however, if it is going to be delayed, or perhaps, backburnered, I would indeed love to know!

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
CV #174827 09/13/07 03:37 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

The cabinet product is intriguing. I wouldn't personally use it, but I can see it being very popular.

Indeed. I dont think I've seen a similar product on the market.

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg
Amie #174828 09/13/07 04:55 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Great stuff coming Amie, looking forward to seeing what else you guys have dreamed up.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Re: You're-sucking-all-the-secrets-out-of-me-post.
Hutzal #174829 09/14/07 02:05 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Good heavens, dig, dig, dig!! ;-) We're still tracking November for the two-channel bookshelf amp. Keep holding out!!

Re: You're-sucking-all-the-secrets-out-of-me-post.
Amie #174830 09/14/07 02:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

Good heavens, dig, dig, dig!! ;-) We're still tracking November for the two-channel bookshelf amp. Keep holding out!!

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it!!!

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Amie #174831 09/14/07 04:10 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

Also on the winter development list is a specialty product that allows M60s, M80s, or VP150s to be built into a cabinet. This product has a redesigned enclosure that allows the speakers to be mounted in a built-in cabinet, and is intended to be spec'd into a built-in wall unit at the time of construction. The need for this product fell out of our visit to the Interior Design Show in February - we have been working closely with designers since then to marry great sound with the 'invisible sound' look that is currently in vogue. The speakers can be covered with a grille-cloth 'door' to completely disappear.

I just don't understand this trend towards invisible sound. People want everything for nothing and now it is going to the umpteenth degree.
A tv picture with no tv box.
Sound without speakers.
Coming soon, Hollywood movies without any human actors.
Oh wait, that already exists.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082