Ok, I am at my parents this weekend[again] and for some laughs I brought out my newly aquired Digital Video Essentials DVD and AVIA Guide to Home Theater DVDs to see what this Bose system can(not) do, where to begin....

During the pink noise sweep on 5.1, the sounds come out at different frequencies from the 3 different speakers at the same time during the single channel frequency sweep. As the frequency increases, the sound goes from the accoustimass box then up to the L&R speakers more so from which ever side is supposed to be on. It does this no matter where in the speaker array you are, it just changes sides depending on the frequency or position in the 5.1 system.

The sub comes on about 37-40hz depending on the volume setting(all tests done at 70db nominal), I tried it louder to see if it would come on at a lower frequency it didn't, but it did come on at the higher number at lower volumes and surprisingly the main speakers have output through to the 22khz range. It did taper off above 18khz, but did output till the sweep stopped.( I was very happy I could in fact, hear through to that frequency\:\))

The main module appears to really like the digital input as the sound was much cleaner/vibrant through the optical input from the HD satelite box. I guess this could also be caused by the satelite box itself.

I also found out my dad has hearing loss from about 5600hz on up! He kept asking me if the system was working after that frequency as he couldn't hear anything.

On a side note I hooked up the Sharp 46" 1080P(not that the 1080P is used right now) to the DVI output from the satelite box to the HDMI input on the TV and then we switched between the component input version from the satelite box to the DVI version and the DVI appeared to be cleaner/clearer looking on 480i channels and not much difference on the HD 1080i channels, I would give the edge to the DVI output but only slightly.

The hockey game came on\:\) so my testing was cut short\:\(

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70