Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M22 arrived - first report-prospective purchasers take note
#20093 09/18/03 02:16 AM
buff
OP Offline
buff
Arrived home from the office. Greeted by Fed Ex package containing M22's. As good as wife, kids, and dog - don't know, don't have any of the above.
1. Beech is the right color for my lving room
2. Gold covers right shade, but don't have the texture as it appears on the website - looks too much like support hose. Amie understands i bet.
3. What's with the Goldfinger babe on the cover of the brochure? If i listen enough to my Axioms will i look like that or is it just eye candy for you boys who do most of the purchasing? Does Amie understand that?
4. Quick, put music on. Naxos, Adorate Deum, Gregorian Chant; Miles Davis, Kind of Blue, Remastered; Frank Sinatra, Nice and Easy; Buena Vista Social Club
5. Demos in other environments are great for weeding out the horrible from the acceptable, but you gotta be home to really hear.
6. Must be the best $400 you could spend on speakers - i don't even have the sub yet and i know the improvement with the sub since i clearly heard it at Peter's. As i heard at Peter's, no way are they too bright. I always have listened to speakers wishing i could find something in my price range that didn't feel like it placed gauze over the sound -this is as close as i've heard anywhere close to the price.
Can't speak to the fatigue factor, but doubt that it will be an issue for me. All i want to do is turn up the sound because it is so clean - I'll probably lose my tenant down stairs, then will these be expensive speakers.
7. Don't need the 60's to fill my 14 x 30 something x 8 1/2 brightish room at the volume I can really crank to.
8. Only question is the same i had after listening at Peter's: size of sound stage. Only reason i can see at the moment to go 60's is if they give me a bigger sound stage. Have to play around with placement, though. Don't want to confuse room issues with speaker issues. I'm in audoiphile mode at the moment not martha stewart mode, so i'm ready to move all the furniture into horrid locations to get the right sound. This will pass.
9. Oh Canada, Glorious and free. We stand on guard for thee.

Re: M22 arrived - first report-prospective purchasers take note
#20094 09/18/03 04:50 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Congrats again, dh!!!

I knew you'd like the Axiom sound, given your music preferences. hehe... And you are absolutely right about the soundstage -- it will improve when you optimize the placement. When I listened to the M22's very first time at mwc's house, I was positively impressed by the big soundstage created by such tiny speakers.

Good luck, enjoy, and keep the audiophile mode for the time being! Oh, and keep us posted!!!

Re: M22 arrived - first report-prospective purchasers take note
#20095 09/18/03 05:12 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Oh, if only I had set myself up as an Axiom affiliate! I coulda had my first sale!

Congrats on your purchase. I had a feeling you'd like them in your own home as well. Just wait 'til your head expands to accomodate the full sound these little guys (gals?) can produce.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup