Riker:

Glad you can use the info: If you buy the receiver in the US and you have a problem you've got to take it back there for service. The Canadian distributor will tell you to get lost. Believe me, I have been through it.

This is one of the main reasons why I will no longer buy mainstream products in Canada(Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon etc.)For one thing, they have refused to recognize the dollar advantage thus putting the onus on the dealer to be more price competitive, but most times they can't. You have already seen the US/Can. price difference on the unit that you are interested in. With the terrific online companies such as Axiom(A great Canadian company) who give that price benefit to their Canadian customers, there are also great US based internet companies like Outlaw, Emotiva, Oppo etc. where you can buy great products and even with the customs and duties you will get the benefit of the Canadian dollar, get reasonable shipping costs, excellent warranties and service and still end up ahead of the game. I feel all the above companies future new product lines, even though they come later, will be well worth the wait.

A few years ago I would have never even considered it but today other than the eventual purchase of a new TV monitor sometime in the future, I wouldn't even consider walking into a retailer anymore.