Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone here own Axiom speakers in Light Maple?
#21963 10/19/03 07:01 AM
old hand
old hand
Hey MiniRock,

I haven't personally heard ML's (Martin Logan's right?) to compare them with the M80's. You will love the M80's if you like detailed crystal clear sound in the highs and mids. They present a wide sound stage and you can point to the position where the instrument is being played. Its bass is tight and focused (not boomy or muddy). They have a forward sound that makes you feel the music (gets you moving). Some have said that they're on the bright side. This was my initial impression. After hearing them the 2nd time in a different set up similar to my room layout I really loved them. They were paired with a different receiver the 2nd time around. I'm not sure if the receiver made a difference or if it was just the layout but the really bright sound (makes your ears ring) was gone.

Aeromos
Re: Anyone here own Axiom speakers in Light Maple?
#21964 10/20/03 08:09 AM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Aeromos- Yeah ML = Martin Logan. I have owned the Script, Scenario, and now have the Ascenti's (4) with the Cinema center. When I placed the VP-150 in place of the Cinema I had no idea such an inexpensive speaker could compare to another over $1000.00 more. The VP-150 wasn't as enveloping, but just as detailed, and in fact there were little sounds that I hadn't heard before, and some that became more obvious. The scene from Jurassic Park (DTS) when they are in the helicopter, and Ian takes a piece of candy from his jacket and unwraps it I could hear it just a bit clearer with the VP than the Cinema. Also the VP center seemed more anchored to the screen than the Cinema. IMO, a $1400 speaker should do EVEYTHING better than one 1/4 of the price. It has me rethinking alot about my hi-end purchase. I really can't wait to hear what the M80's sound like with B&K amps.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,486
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters