I had a problem with Firefox and traced it to the Java Applet Plugin which was periodically hogging 99% of the CPU cycles. It was also causing things I typed to be jumbled. Exiting Firefox and restarting often took care of the jumbling but almost always the plugin started hogging recourses. For some things I needed the Java Applet Plugin so I tried “nicing” it from Windows Task Manager but as I suspected that feature of Windows sucked. So that and some of the security issues I found caused me to switch back to IE.

I found this link a little helpful when trying to figure this out.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1