I hope your Onkyo runs hot.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Re: Audials One Software
MarkSJohnson #233868 12/09/08 06:18 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Thanks, but her name isn't "Onkyo" either.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #233886 12/09/08 07:21 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Tom scores the double EPIC WIN.

He has truly earned his medic8r manor pin.

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Sucking-square-room, maple-syrup eating yankee photophile.

To continue this ad nauseum, by any chance is Mark's wife named "Square room" or "Maple syrup"?

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #233901 12/09/08 08:11 PM
grunt Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur

My original motivation was purely for converting iTunes music to MP3: a task which I think AudialsOne does more easily than anything else I've come across. I've also used the MP3/Video Raptor extensively to find lots of music (for portables).

Thanks for the feedback. I haven’t really used the converter much yet but some guys at work were asking about it so I will pass this along.

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

So how come YOU haven't been writing in-depth reviews of the software? You make Dean do it? While he's trying to serve his country and all.... you leave HIM to have to write this stuff?

Thanks but I’d feel guilty if I didn’t remind people that about 75% of the time I’m a civil service employee. Picture 10 city workers standing around watching one guy shovel gravel into a pothole as you drive buy, well civil service is just the Federal version of that only in my job it‘s watching people work on aircraft. It’s only part of the time we are doing 12-16 hour days supporting Katrina, or changing tires in the UAE at 130 degrees or replacing brakes at -14 in <censored>.

…yankee…

That’s just mean.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
grunt #234214 12/11/08 08:43 AM
grunt Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Here we go again, actually time to get serious since what’s the point of ripping thousands of tracks if you don’t do anything with them. Well this thing actually makes it easy to get real value out of what’s being ripped. I just started listening from the beginning deleting keeping and occasionally editing tracks. If a song sounded really interesting I just select to filter by artist. Listen to several songs and decide this artist is worth more investigation so right click and add to music finder. Uncheck the filter and your back to stepping through the main list.

No double rips from the Radio. I’ve selected for it to only keep the best copy. However, MusicFinders rips are more problematic so it’s instructed to keep any rips that differ my more than 10 seconds. Neat because it’s finding many different versions of the same songs.

I’ve already found 4 artists whos CDs I plan to order Ai Otsuka, Angela Aki, Hayami Kishimoto, and Hayashibara Megumi and about 10 more who I‘m interested in but waiting for more rips to see. It’s been particularly good at finding album art from these artists so I even know which CDs to get.

Also figured out Yoko Kanno who I knew did “Green Bird” from Cowboy Bebop but didn’t know he composed the music for Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2ndgig including the themes. 3 more CDs to buy.

Also figured out how to further customize the Radio search. There are 3 buttons that can be activated simultaneously which can refine the stations/artists monitored and ripped besides what’s already being looked for in the MusicFinder. The favorites button prioritizes rips from one of the favorites list you make. You can also enable “Taste in Music” and it will also search for the artists in and similar to those in your MusicFinder wish list. You can further specify a genre to stay within. Also figured out why no Japanese stations were showing up. In the Radio>Options>Filter “Suppress Far East Stations” is enabled by default (those bastards) so now a much broader selection of Jpop is showing up.

I wanted an mp3 of “I want candy” by the Strangeloves but mp3videorapter couldn’t find one so knowing Youtube had one I enabled the video search found it but before downloading opened the advanced tab. Selected “audio only” and “mp3” for the format. It will automatically convert 2 copies so selected FLAC for the second one. Also enabled keep original for comparison. A couple minutes later and 3 Strangelove tracks are waiting. Hard to tell the quality of the conversion from video to audio because the original sounded like crap but they did sound the same.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
grunt #234229 12/11/08 01:55 PM
axiomite
axiomite
This sounds like an amazing program. So much so, I'm kind of afraid to even try it. I can easily see me sifting and exploring through thousands of items every night until all hours of the morning.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
grunt #234266 12/11/08 04:24 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
 Originally Posted By: grunt
Also figured out Yoko Kanno who I knew did “Green Bird” from Cowboy Bebop but didn’t know he composed the music for Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2ndgig including the themes.

I hear the word "composer" and think man, too, but Yoko Kanno is actually a woman. Of course, your finger could have just missed the s, and I'm parading around my sexism. Ha ha.

CV #234278 12/11/08 05:18 PM
grunt Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Murph

This sounds like an amazing program. So much so, I'm kind of afraid to even try it. I can easily see me sifting and exploring through thousands of items every night until all hours of the morning.

Noticed the time hack on my post did you? In the last “review post” I make in this thread that was going to be one of the Cons to buying this program. As if I don’t already have enough excuses to waste time in front of the computer already. I guess a side benefit is that the TV has been off for days now.

Originally Posted By: CV

I hear the word "composer" and think man, too, but Yoko Kanno is actually a woman. Of course, your finger could have just missed the s, and I'm parading around my sexism. Ha ha.

Thanks for catching that. I did miss the “s” but not your normal type-o sort of miss, more your basic brain-don’t-work-right type. I have pretty bad dyslexia I once even misspelled the word “of“ as “ov“ in a paper. The girl who was proofing my papers thought I was messing with her, thank heavens for spell check, unfortunately “he” is a real word. I also have to be very careful of writing run-on-sentences but it makes reading Marx easier. I try to proof things carefully so people don’t think I’m being lazy or rude but sometimes things just slip by especially in the wee hours of the morning. One benefit of being dyslexic is that having a miss-wired brain is suppose to enhance “outside the box” thinking ability or is that the concussions can‘t remember.

grunt #234595 12/13/08 06:48 AM
grunt Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I figure I should write a conclusion in case anyone happens on this thread as I have rambled on a bit. If I use “Tunebite” the converter DRM remover I’ll post about it but no plans to play with it in the near future.

First here’s a pretty good synopsis of what it does with some screenshots:

http://www.techchee.com/2008/09/24/audialsone-downloads-and-records-free-music-and-videos-legally/

Here’s the good and bad IMO so far.

Pros:
- Exposure to 100s of new artists allows “trying before buying”
- Intuitive interface (easy for beginners)
- Excellent customization for a GUI interface utility (for power users)
- Outstanding automation (powerful search + filters saves time)
- 3 separate utilities but seamlessly integrated.
- Very stable on XP (even with many other, even I/O intensive, programs running)
- Reviewing/saving/deleting/editing tracks easy

Cons:
- Only for XP/Vista (+mp3videoraptor only supports surf & catch from IE)
- $60.00 price (but paid for itself in less than 1 hour but…)
- $$$ Buying more CDs from newly discovered artists
- Mp4 converter not the best
- 1000s of tracks may be overwhelming without a separate media organizer
- Can only edit first and last 30 seconds or so of track.
- German DJs talk to much over songs.

This is greatly expanding my music horizons by removing the risk of buying something that might suck. Without a doubt this is the best $60 I’ve spent on the hobby. YMMV if you already have large mp3 collections or know everything you want already. Also not all genres are equally supported on the internet only one African station that I can find.

Cheers,
Dean

grunt #234597 12/13/08 06:56 AM
J
J
Nice summary Dean, thanks for all the work you put into using this application.

I look forward to trying it out someday. I am still working on getting all that I can out my 3808 and using REW. I bought this sound card today to use with the laptop and REW. I will let you know how it works.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics